1. #1 Sunday Thread: Shave and Hair-Cut... 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Warm and clear on The Mountain. Man it feels like Spring.

We have a couple of threads about hair styles and beard or no/beard styles.

I have a goatee but shave my neck and cheeks once or twice a week. Miz Bubba just found her Dad's old safety razor and gave it to me. I bought some blades and used it for the first time tonight.

It takes a little getting used to but I like it. It's an old Gillette and I bought Wilkinson Sword blades. Gave me a good shave.

10 blades for $1.97. Wow.

TOTD: Whatever you may shave, what do you use? Razors. Foamin' goo. After shave.

I like pine tar soap in a cup with a shaving brush to make lather. And, so far, I really like my safety razor.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

I figured you for a waxer!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Mr. Snaps uses a safety razor, a brush, and shaving soap. :)

A lot of my friends are really into the "classic" shave, with the safety or straight razor, special soapy/creme things that you but on with a beaver hair brush. They claim it has all sorts of benefits from preventing acne to less razorburn.

I don't buy any of it, and the modern technology in something like a Gillette fusion is much more comfortable and convenient.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    A lot of my friends are really into the "classic" shave, with the safety or straight razor, special soapy/creme things that you but on with a beaver hair brush. They claim it has all sorts of benefits from preventing acne to less razorburn.

I don't buy any of it, and the modern technology in something like a Gillette fusion is much more comfortable and convenient.
    Mr. Snaps has used every technique available and he finds this superior. He's not a trend-slave and as far I know, he doesn't trade shaving tips to get hipster cred so I have to believe he really does think it's better. ;)

Banned
    I am off in the am to Orange Beach AL for a fun week in the sun and sand.

TOTD: I use an electric razor. Works ok and is fast.

Happy Sunday. I had to wait until after midnight to post.

Windy and cloudy here and I can't see the super moon...but seen some pictures of it on facebook...looks pretty neat.

TOTD:

I switch between refills for razors and good disposables...the types that last a few weeks. I do have a goatee, but the rest of my face has a shave every day...my hair is usually cut every 3 to 4 weeks...

My razor choice usually whatever I can combine a coupon, a sale price & my emplioyee discount on...I can usually end up with a six month supply for under ten bucks...I work for a large drug store chain. In fact I just got a new updated national certification in the mail today, no more CE's for two more years. :D

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I am off in the am to Orange Beach AL for a fun week in the sun and sand.

TOTD: I use an electric razor. Works ok and is fast.
    Sounds fun!