Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 " Liberal Democrats in Uproar over Libya Action,Kucinich Wants to Impeach." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    A hard-core group of liberal House Democrats is questioning the constitutionality of U.S. missile strikes against Libya, with one lawmaker raising the prospect of impeachment during a Democratic Caucus conference call on Saturday.

Reps. Jerrold Nadler (N.Y.),
    Donna Edwards (Md.),
    Mike Capuano (Mass.),
    Dennis Kucinich (Ohio),
    Maxine Waters (Calif.),
    Rob Andrews (N.J.),
    Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas),
    Barbara Lee (Calif.) and Del.
    Eleanor Holmes Norton (D.C.)
    ďall strongly raised objections to the constitutionality of the presidentís actionsĒ during that call, said two Democratic lawmakers who took part.

Kucinich, who wanted to bring impeachment articles against both former President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney over Iraq ó only to be blocked by his own leadership ó asked why the U.S. missile strikes arenít impeachable offenses.

Kucinich also questioned why Democratic leaders didnít object when President Barack Obama told them of his plan for American participation in enforcing the Libyan no-fly zone during a White House Situation Room meeting on Friday, sources told POLITICO.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51595.html

That list is a who's who of political Moonbats.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    That list is a who's who of political Moonbats.
    Oh Yea. These morons should all be shown the door.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Oh Yea. These morons should all be shown the door.
    Yeah but sadly they won't. I think if a nuke was dropped on D.C. tomorrow...that list above would be the only ones to survive.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    while I agree they are a bunch of dumbasses, they do have a point of whether this is Constitutional or not, and that goes for all "Police Actions" that any President makes.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    while I agree they are a bunch of dumbasses, they do have a point of whether this is Constitutional or not, and that goes for all "Police Actions" that any President makes.
    You do understand that there is precedent for military actions without the formal declaration of war going all the way back to George Washington himself right?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You do understand that there is precedent for military actions without the formal declaration of war going all the way back to George Washington himself right?
    yes...doesn't mean that any of it was Constitutional, and thus why I said ALL Presidents that have used it.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yes...doesn't mean that any of it was Constitutional, and thus why I said ALL Presidents that have used it.
    And so you believe that the Founding fathers who sat in congress and on the Supreme court during Washington's tenure in office - the same men who wrote the constitution were wrong in being supportive of Washington? Don't you think it's a bit arrogant to say that you know the document better than the men who actual wrote it?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

The 1973 War Powers Resolution is what's in question here Poli.

It requires that the President gives 48 hours notice to Congress that he is taking military action, and any action lasting longer then 60 days requires a Congressional vote to continue sustainment.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

And so you believe that the Founding fathers who sat in congress and on the Supreme court during Washington's tenure in office - the same men who wrote the constitution were wrong in being supportive of Washington? Don't you think it's a bit arrogant to say that you know the document better than the men who actual wrote it?
    Aliens and Seditions Act