1. #1 Polls lie - the whole country is bouncy 
    ThomWV (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 11:33 AM
    Original message
    This sudden collapse of the Republican image disturbs me
    Advertisements [?]I can not put my finger on it but something is very wrong. We are being misinformed on a grand scale,that's clear to see.

I am certain that the media polls are cooked. By 'media polls' I mean which ever ones are constantly cited by the 'news' shows on TV; these are the polls that show McCain and Obama more or less even. Nonsense. You have only to strike up a conversation with anyone on the street to know how bad things are for the Republicans. The people; you, me, the kid next door, and that other ethnic group on the other side of town or the other part of the state, we all get it. The tragedy which has been the Bush years has opened the eyes of lots of folks to the basic failings of the Republican ideology from Nixon until today. Never the less the news marches on. "McCain and Obama in a dead heat." It doesn't seem to make any difference just how bad the choices the Republican Party makes either. McCain doesn't have much of anything going for him and his pick for VP is astoundingly foolish. All of this but something's not right. Why aren't the elite of the Republican Party panicking? They certainly should be. They have eyes to see and ears to hear - more than are legal actually - they have to know. Still, you see no revolt anywhere in their leadership. Those people are far to self-centered to go down with the ship but I don't even see them manning the lifeboats. I don't understand it but it feels vaguely threatening. I do not trust those bastards at any level.
    dmordue (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 11:40 AM
    Response to Original message
    4. I know alot of working people who still prefer McCain to any dem including Obama
    and they are not racist. Some prefer republican policies others may not agree with McCain but they feel they know what they are getting. They don't feel like they know what Obama will do when he gets in office.

This election is not and is unlikely to be a cakewalk. Dems don't engender more trust than repubs if you look at the approval ratings of congress.
    Ruh roh, someone's psoting reality at the DUmp. MAN THE ALERT BUTTONS! Start up the chisel.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3884517

They have their panties in such a wad over Sarah, they really don't know what to do.
    It's been like monkeys flinging poo at the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    They have their panties in such a wad over Sarah, they really don't know what to do.
    It's been like monkeys flinging poo at the zoo.
    I'd say a more apt animal comparison for the DUmmies would be Red Mozambique Spitting Cobras; A bunch of ugly, slippery, hostile reptiles that hiss and spit poison at anyone and anything they view as an enemy.

That was like the old quote "How could Nixon have won? No one I know voted for him!"