Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Do you consider Folk Music to be country music?
    You're going straight for Woody or Merle, aren't you? p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Toby Keith is a Democrat. Bet a lot of those DUmmies didn't know that. Bet some of y'all didn't either. But to answer the question, who gives a fuck? 99% of everything else is liberal. So country stars tend to love this country more than any other musical medium singer but to the left, that's probably why they hate country music.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 03-22-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Toby Keith is a Democrat. Bet a lot of those DUmmies didn't know that. Bet some of y'all didn't either. But to answer the question, who gives a fuck? 99% of everything else is liberal. So country stars tend to love this country more than any other musical medium singer but to the left, that's probably why they hate country music.
    He voted for Clinton yes, but he also voted for GW Bush, and I believe he supported Huckabee or another Republican in 08. He's said he's more about the person and whether they'll do a good job than for any particular party.

John Rich of Big and Rich supported Fred Thompson while Big Kenny supported Obama in 08.

Willie Nelson is a big Democrat though and has been for years.

Country music artist are just a divided as any other group, however their music is much more Pro-America an more about individual freedoms than any other genre and they are less likely to support dumbass causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Define "anti-American".
    Perfect example...Green Day's last two albums.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    yep...sadly I like their music, their lyrics and attitudes need some adjustment though, but what do you expect from a bunch of whiny bitches from California

DUmmies and Leftists in general were just SHOCKED when he came out in support of Obama. How could this knuckle-dragging Neanderthal who came up with "Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" somehow be nuanced enough to support Obama? How could that be?

Idiot Leftists and their stupid bigoted stereotypes. It's as if that's all they have, and I suppose that's probably true in most cases.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yep...sadly I like their music, their lyrics and attitudes need some adjustment though, but what do you expect from a bunch of whiny bitches from California
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams is a brilliant song. However, the reason why these moonbats consider country music a 'conservative medium' is because it doesn't go on about leftist ideals. Listen to early 70's protests songs and the like. I'd Love To Change the World makes me want to throw up(tax the rich, feed the po', 'til there are no rich no mo'). This coming from a bunch of idiots who wasted the fortune on drugs.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 03-22-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    You're going straight for Woody or Merle, aren't you? p

~QC
    Don't forget John Prine, Kenny Rogers, Kris Kristopherson (whatever)

But seriously, I think people hear what they want to hear in the genre they like to listen to. I had a roommate not too long ago who fancied himself a redneck and proud of it. While it was true that he moved here from Alabama, he grew up in Illinois, had a degree from Northwestern, worked for an environmental group, and drove a BMW. He used to sit on the porch and sing GARY LEE AND THE SHOWDOWN.

Fabulous Poster
    Boulevard of Broken Dreams is a brilliant song. However, the reason why these moonbats consider country music a 'conservative medium' is because it doesn't go on about leftist ideals. Listen to early 70's protests songs and the like. I'd Love To Change the World makes me want to throw up(tax the rich, feed the po', 'til there are no rich no mo'). This coming from a bunch of idiots who wasted the fortune on drugs.
    Idealism rarely stands the harsh criticism of realistic expectation. Some of those songs were fantasies, as would any idea which required goodness, generosity, and cooperation from the whole of humanity. And as we know, few idealists actually want to have an egalitarian society in which one day you can be the poet, but on Thursdays it's your turn to crawl down in the sewer and dislodge the blockage.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    On the long list of music I don't like is:

whiny emo boys

pointless head banging

people who play the guitar by striking bar chords rapidly rather than acquiring the skill to play melody