Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Almost, Sort Of, Real Life Bouncy Tale! 
    So, Mr. Snaps and I were having breakfast in a restaurant this morning and these two guys behind us start talking about Sarah Palin and what all this means to the McCain run. We can tell they are raging wingers because they speculate about this in a reasonable tone of voice and one guy is wearing a cross.

Suddenly, from another booth out pops a guy who wasn't a policeman but he does have a political blog and he asks them what they think of Sarah Palin. They feel pretty cheered by Palin so far and also think she's hawt. They are happy she is pro-RKBA.

The blogger agrees with all this and adds that she might - just might - be a contender for 2012 and wouldn't that be neat. They all agree and introduce themselves and then decide to meet at the restaurant next Saturday to pursue the discussion.

Well, I couldn't just let all this go on under my nose so when we were walking out I said, "I heard you guys talking about Palin. I really like what I've heard about her so far, too!"

Then we all laughed and chatted for a minute and went on our way. :D

Power CUer
    Maybe I should know what RKBA means, but nothing's ringing a bell right now.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Maybe I should know what RKBA means, but nothing's ringing a bell right now.
    Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Power CUer
    Thanks. Not an acronym I use a lot. By "a lot" I mean, "ever, at all." :p

So, I guess "molon labe" (the phrase, not the CU member) is not part of your working vocabulary, either. :p

It took me awhile on this board to figure that one out.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    So, I guess "molon labe" (the phrase, not the CU member) is not part of your working vocabulary, either. :p
    No. I have no idea what that is.

Sonnabend
    No. I have no idea what that is.
    The defiant reply given by the commander of the 300 Spartans, when told to lay down their weapons.

"Molon Labe"

"Come and take them!"

Power CUer
    Thanks. Ancient history was never my strong suit, and Plutarch was a LONG time ago. :p

To be serious for a minute, what's interesting here is that I casually interacted with 3 complete strangers who seemed favorably inclined toward Palin. Unlike the DUmmies, I seldom hear political talk in the course of my day-to-day life. I certainly haven't overheard any Obama talk - good or bad. So, she may be bringing more to this campaign than the talking heads think, at least at this point.