1. #1 Liberals win again. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Oy is right:
    Not such a big surprise, actually. Liberals usually win in the long run, because they look forward, not backward. Forward being the way we are going, and all.

The latest victory is polling showing that gay marriage is now supported by more than half of Americans, and in a democracy, you know what THAT means! It means that it will soon become legal as long as it’s okay with the rich, who now fund the elections. And it probably will be okay with them since some of their best friends are gay. But mainly because it isn’t a tax hike on them which is all they really care about.

And why were liberals right (again) on this one? Um, they THOUGHT about it, rather than simply deciding that the way it used to be is better. Also, what they thought about were the ideas of EQUALITY, and JUSTICE and FREEDOM, American ideas which conservatives just like to talk about, and only then when it comes to unfettering assault rifles and rich people. So liberals win again, but nobody ever thanks them or remembers the next time.
    Where is this poll? I can't find one. Also, if it does indeed exist, what was the question? My guess this moonbat saw this:

Do you support gay marriage: 35% yes 30% no 35% could give a rats ass

So, only 30% oppose so that must mean that 70% are for it, right?

Also, I love it when these idiots are all for democracy when it supports their views but when a poll shows that a majority of Americans are against Obamacare, well, these people just don't know any better.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Oy is right:

Where is this poll? I can't find one. Also, if it does indeed exist, what was the question? My guess this moonbat saw this:

Do you support gay marriage: 35% yes 30% no 35% could give a rats ass

So, only 30% oppose so that must mean that 70% are for it, right?

Also, I love it when these idiots are all for democracy when it supports their views but when a poll shows that a majority of Americans are against Obamacare, well, these people just don't know any better.
    Not sure of the origins of the poll but my wife mentioned that they were crowing about it on the Today show the other day and the first thing that I thought was also, "I wonder how the question was worded."

What kind of prize did they get?

I'd be firmly in the 'could give a rats ass' category, and wouldn't vote for it or against it. There's a lot of people out there like that.

The wording of the question is important, and there's also the peer pressure effect. Didn't California put this on their ballot as a prop and it failed miserably? I was certain, if you believed how much support there was for this in CA that it would pass. So why didn't it? I think there are a lot of people who say they support it in public, so as not to look un-cool, then vote a different way entirely in the privacy of the voting booth. I'm not sure though.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FBIGuy View Post
    What kind of prize did they get?
    I'm sure it was something fabulous.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Yes it was a bogus poll.

............should have noticed this bit from the report:

" …Support is up by a striking 23 points among white Catholics, often a swing group and one that’s been ready, in many cases, to disregard church positions on political or social issues…"

Get the heck out of here. I mean, come on. This is just stupid. The Catholics who were supporting gay marriage in previous polls were doing so because of complete ignorance of Church teaching, or because they were, at best, nominal Catholics. The nominal Catholics are still there, of course, but there is no indication that large number of heretofor devout Catholics have decided to abandon their faith – and that would be the only way to account for such a large upsurge in Catholic support. And that is not all the stupidity of this bogus poll – there is in the poll the claim that Evangelical Protestants have seen a double-digit growth in support for gay marriage. Can someone give me an event over the past two years which would convince very large numbers of staunch opponents to change their views? Repeal of DADT? No, sorry – that isn’t anything; I’ve supported repeal of DADT while I continue to oppose gay marriage. Anyone got anything at all which can account for such a paradigm shift?
    http://blogsforvictory.com/2011/03/1...-gay-marriage/