Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sexually assaulted and told 'You'll die tonight'... but spared as she's American: 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sexually assaulted and told 'You'll die tonight'... but spared as she's American: Female journalist's horror at the hands of Gaddafi's men

"Are There No Camels About ?"

A female war photographer from the New York Times revealed tonight how she was repeatedly sexually assaulted during her nightmare hostage ordeal in Libya.......Lynsey Addario was one of four Times journalists have now been released after being held captive by pro-Gaddafi forces.

During their six-day detainment, the Americans were beaten and threatened with being decapitated and shot.

Comments:
    The story says she was "repeatedly sexually assaulted", and it amounted only to this "There was a lot of groping,’ she said. ‘Every man who came in contact with us basically felt every inch of my body short of what was under my clothes.’" Going through security in a US airport is a lot worse than that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fi-forces.html
    Last edited by megimoo; 03-22-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Women are compliant broodmares or sexual playthings in that part of the world. There isn't much room culturally to view us as anything different. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Women are compliant broodmares or sexual playthings in that part of the world. There isn't much room culturally to view us as anything different. :(
    Her picture in her work cloths makes me wonder why they would sexually assault her .It's more likely that this is a puff piece for the field staff of the NY times .Any American woman who would work in a place like that is asking to be raped or worse .As the comment states she will be felt up more by TSA on the way home !

Power CUer
    Trust megimoo to come up with a mix of "Why would they assault her when she's not pretty?" and "She deserves it for being there."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Her picture in her work cloths makes me wonder why they would sexually assault her .It's more likely that this is a puff piece for the field staff of the NY times .Any American woman who would work in a place like that is asking to be raped or worse .As the comment states she will be felt up more by TSA on the way home !
    No woman ever "asks for" unwanted sexual attention and plenty of men are happy to use sexual assault as a weapon to degrade the enemy regardless of the age or looks of the victim. That's one of the arguments against sending women into combat. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Trust megimoo to come up with a mix of "Why would they assault her when she's not pretty?" and "She deserves it for being there."
    In my minds eye I can picture you there in your jodhpurs with your silk scarf billowing in the hot desert winds and riding on a camel snapping away at the natives .They wouldn't dare sexually assault an elegant woman of your breeding and extravagant tastes !

During their six-day detainment, the Americans were beaten and threatened with being decapitated and shot.

Comments:
    The story says she was "repeatedly sexually assaulted", and it amounted only to this "There was a lot of groping,’ she said. ‘Every man who came in contact with us basically felt every inch of my body short of what was under my clothes.’" Going through security in a US airport is a lot worse than that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fi-forces.html
    I love how feminists are okay with vicious groping of a helpless prisoner who is under threat of death, but are outraged by a joke in the workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No woman ever "asks for" unwanted sexual attention and plenty of men are happy to use sexual assault as a weapon to degrade the enemy regardless of the age or looks of the victim. That's one of the arguments against sending women into combat. :mad:
    Very true.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    In my minds eye I can picture you there in your jodhpurs with your silk scarf billowing in the hot desert winds and riding on a camel snapping away at the natives .They wouldn't dare sexually assault an elegant woman of your breeding and extravagant tastes !
    You need to get those sexual fantasies under control, Megi. Or at least keep them on the INside. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

No jodpurs, but do you really mind? :D
    Last edited by Odysseus; 03-22-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    I know he was picturing boots, but when he mentioned jodhpurs, you KNOW he was thinking "riding crop." :p