1. #1 The President didn't need to go to Congress for authority 
    DUmmie is trying to make a case against Opeachment and failing.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=433x634464

bigdarryl (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Mar-21-11 12:22 PM
    Original message
    The President didn't need to go to Congress for authority

He got the authority from the United Nations with Resolution 1973 I hear idiots questioning the President didn't get authority from the Congress once the United Nations gave the authority Congress was out of the picture its the same thing when the first Bush went into Iraq he went to the UN FIRST then Congress followed.
    One poster educates him:
    Ozymanithrax Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Mon Mar-21-11 12:38 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. The Senate approves alliances because an alliance...

can take us to war. This first happened with the Korean war.

Congress approved Afghanistan in the "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists" which made the war in Afghanistan legal and Constitutional. Congress approved "Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002" which made the war in Iraq legal and Constitution under U.S. Law. In Korea, United Nations Security Council Resolution 82 authorized conflict and because the Senate approved our treaty and ties with the U.N. that resolution initiated our involvement in the Korean War in accordance with U.S. Law and the Constitution.

The War Poser Act of 1975 covers how the President can involve the U.S. in conflicts and when he must contact the Congress, all in accordance with U.S. Law and the Constitution
    I grabbed it so it does not go down the memory hole. This one post does 2 things. It shows Bush acted legally when he had our armed force invade Afghanistan and Iraq and it shows Obama did not act legally when he committed forces to the attack on Libya.

Also, remember how the left and the media (same thing most of the time) touted Obama as a constitutional scholar. You would think he should at least know what powers each branch of the government has. :mad:

Ah. Let me get this straight. Bush goes through congress, which included several Democrats who voted yes, for the Iraq war yet the left calls illegal. Obama decides to bomb Libya without the approval of anyone outside of the UN and the left is a-ok with it. OK. Gotcha.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Once again the DUmmies prove that everything no matter how out there is perfectly justifiable and legal as long as it's "their guy" doing it.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.