1. #1 My Presidential pardon application is finally on its way. (Thanks, all y'all) 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Mmmmmm... :D

Assuming this isn't total bullshit, I wonder what's going to happen when this assholes application is sent to the "Circular File" for its due consideration???

Fly by night (1000+ posts) Tue Mar-22-11 11:08 AM
    Original message My Presidential pardon application is finally on its way. (Thanks, all y'all)

Edited on Tue Mar-22-11 11:14 AM by Fly by night
    This morning, I went to Kinko's and found a big enough box to hold my pardon application and assorted supplemental material, including my published paper, "Mobilizing communities to reduce substance abuse in Indian Country" and a copy of the documentary, "UNCOUNTED: The New Math of American Elections". It took a second box to hold the 170 original, signed, notarized character references I have received from professional colleagues, government officials (including 14 TN legislators -- House and Senate, Republican and Democratic; as well as officials from Delaware, Illinois and Wyoming), neighbors, friends, election integrity and medical marijuana activists and a dozen homegrown DUers.

Last week, I sent ten of the strongest support letters on ahead to be hand-delivered to the Oval Office, the V-P and a former DNC Chair. The Office of the Pardon Attorney has responded to my technical questions about the application very promptly, for which I am grateful. I was also thankful to be allowed to submit extra pages to explain my crime, my life-long relationship with "illegal smiles" and my reasons for requesting a pardon. If any of y'all want to read those essays, let me know and I'll PM them to you.

Now it is time to get back to editing my book on all this -- "My Hollow Tale: Reflections On A(n Interrupted) Life". I have one publisher wanting to sign a contract but I want to speak with a few more before doing that.

And there is always the Garden. Found an incredible pile of aged mule/horse/goat manure a few miles from home that is there for the taking (and the loading and the hauling and the unloading.) My Garden rows and ridge-top of blueberries will benefit from a day's work by me -- and I will too.

Thanks, guys, for your support over the past month and the past seven+ years. Now keep your fingers (and toes) crossed. It is long past time for a medical marijuana convict to be pardoned. If 170 people have anything to say about it, it might just be me.

Y'all come. Peace out.

Interesting choice for a screen name no???? :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Last week, I sent ten of the strongest support letters on ahead to be hand-delivered to the Oval Office,
    Please tell me this does not happen on a daily basis. Unless Oval Office means trash heap.

The President receives convict letters at the Oval Office? I hope not.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    wasn't this the same turd that was whining about being busted for pot last year and couldn't find work? seems familiar...

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Last week, I sent ten of the strongest support letters on ahead to be hand-delivered to the Oval Office, the V-P and a former DNC Chair.
    And the support letters came from:

Will Pitt
    undergroundpanther
    bobbolink
    Nadin
    Nance Greggs
    Raging in Miami
    Ben Burch
    Distressed American
    EFerrari
    Hugo Chavez
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

I guess the President could pardon him for the offense, but....

If he was convicted of possession of marijuna in a state that now allows medical marijuana, and his medical condition has been valid since before the arrest for the offense, shouldn't he be asking for the governor of his state to pardon him? Under federal law, marijuana is still illegal, even for medicinal purposes, so asking the President for a pardon without the law being changed is kind of stupid. Obama has made no move to lessen penalties or change federal laws about weed, there's no indication that he's going to pardon someone for it.

Under Michigan's medical marijuana law, one is allowed to use one's medical condition as a retro-active defense. That is, if someone gets busted for pot one day and doesn't have the proper medical paperwork that day, he can go to a doctor, get everything documented and use it as a defense at his hearing.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I guess the President could pardon him for the offense, but....

If he was convicted of possession of marijuna in a state that now allows medical marijuana, and his medical condition has been valid since before the arrest for the offense, shouldn't he be asking for the governor of his state to pardon him? Under federal law, marijuana is still illegal, even for medicinal purposes, so asking the President for a pardon without the law being changed is kind of stupid. Obama has made no move to lessen penalties or change federal laws about weed, there's no indication that he's going to pardon someone for it.

Under Michigan's medical marijuana law, one is allowed to use one's medical condition as a retro-active defense. That is, if someone gets busted for pot one day and doesn't have the proper medical paperwork that day, he can go to a doctor, get everything documented and use it as a defense at his hearing.
    I think this guy is from Kentucky and was arrested and incarcerated for 3-4 years while losing his job in some medical profession...

Isn't he early? Because pardons don't come until the prez is headin' out the door.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Isn't he early? Because pardons don't come until the prez is headin' out the door.
    Not always.

Found an incredible pile of aged mule/horse/goat manure a few miles from home that is there for the taking (and the loading and the hauling and the unloading.)
    You don't suppose that he'd get the two packages mixed up...? :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!