Thread: SUV Saturday

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    What an adorable little doll!
    She LOVED it. It teaches buttoning, snapping, zipping, velcro, tying. I made the cake as close as possible. as soon as I download the pics, I'll post them.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    She LOVED it. It teaches buttoning, snapping, zipping, velcro, tying. I made the cake as close as possible. as soon as I download the pics, I'll post them.
    That doll is adorable. Can't wait to see the pics of the cake. You're very creative to duplicate that dol.

TOTD: SR filled up his SUV today at Costco's for $3.75 a gallon. I filled mine last night for $3.78 a gallon. Went by the same station this morning and it was up to $3.89 a gallon.

I multitask all the time, primarily drive to and from work (about 12 miles each way). Since I'm an outside sales rep, I find myself faxing or scanning to email things for customers that I ordinarily would bring to their office. The company hasn't increased the car allowance in 10 years, so it doesn't begin to cover the expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    It's hot here. I got up at 7 to bake a specialty cake for my grandaughter's birthday party. I had a doll made for herand I am improvising a cake to match. I am the greatest gramma! I keep stopping to re-chill the frosting 'cause it's so warm in the kitchen.
    OK, What do you think??

Power CUer
    Great job!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Last day here in France and we're off to the plage at Juan les Pins. Have a 6:00 AM :eek: flight tomorrow.

TOTD: My personal transportation habits are not affected at all by the price of oil. I fly to client sites and then rent a car (unless I'm in a civilized place like London or NYC wherein I can make due with cabs). All my gas is paid for via OPM (the best kind).

Now that we live in Hartford, however, we're in the process of buying a car. Currently, my girlfriend takes a cab to work every day and we rent a car for shopping/traveling on the weekends.
    What happened to the BMW I28 you said you purchased for your girlfriend? Not pulling an Eyelids closed on us are you?

The price of gas does not affect me since I drive about 6k per year and my oil stocks more than make up for the increase in price.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    What happened to the BMW I28 you said you purchased for your girlfriend? Not pulling an Eyelids closed on us are you?

The price of gas does not affect me since I drive about 6k per year and my oil stocks more than make up for the increase in price.
    Hardly. They kept pushing back the delivery date on me until I pulled out of the deal. Then we got involved in planning for and going on vacation, Suited me fine as it gives me more time to talk her into a real sports car and I certainly have no pressing need for it and she doesn't have a US drivers license.