Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Difference Between When The Left Does It And When The Right Does It 
    If there ever was a blatant example of hypocrisy when it comes to the left wing media(which is pretty much 90% of the media) and other leftist entities, it's very apparent right now. Ever since Obama was elected, any, and I do mean any, criticism of him was met with cries of racism. "The only reason they're criticizing him is because they can't stand that a black man is in the White House" has been the meme for over 2 years. But now, as Obama is lobbing cruise missiles into Libya, moonbats like Kucinich, Jackson-Lee, Waters, Michael Moore, Nadar are in full on meltdown mode going so far as to call for his impeachment and yet the commentary from the MSM has been, well..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

And yet, if it had been right wing commentators and talking heads doing the same, the cries of racism would be as loud today as they were during Obama's campaign. Personally, I love it. I love exposing the left as the hypocrites that they are. It is really making this dreary Tuesday as bright as a clear spring day.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

nobody gives a shit if you are racist and nobody thinks you are a racist just because you criticize the president.

sorry i know you absolutely love this persecution complex but no one cares.

people on the left (myself included) have been criticizing Obama since 2009, it's nothing new.

I know this might be tough for you to grasp so let me break it down for you:

A group of old men wearing Confederate flag t-shirts carrying signs that say "IMPEACH THE MONKEY" or "go back to KENYA!!" are probably going to be called racist - and guess what? It's not because of their opinion on deficits or health care expansion.

If you cannot figure it out, then I'm sorry.

If you criticize policies that's perfectly fine, no one will think you are a racist.

(i think you are projecting a little)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

I can give lists and lists of things you can criticize Obama about (just about everything) without anyone calling you racist.

Yes I'm sure there's some whacky nerd in some basement somewhere who might criticize you for whatever stupid reason he thinks, but the vast majority of intelligent adults do not consider criticism of Obama to be racist.

I can give plenty, his economic policy, extended Bush's tax policy, Extended Bush's military policy, policy towards superjudicial detainment, extensions of the patriot act, and plenty more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    nobody gives a shit if you are racist and nobody thinks you are a racist just because you criticize the president.

sorry i know you absolutely love this persecution complex but no one cares.

people on the left (myself included) have been criticizing Obama since 2009, it's nothing new.

I know this might be tough for you to grasp so let me break it down for you:

A group of old men wearing Confederate flag t-shirts carrying signs that say "IMPEACH THE MONKEY" or "go back to KENYA!!" are probably going to be called racist - and guess what? It's not because of their opinion on deficits or health care expansion.

If you cannot figure it out, then I'm sorry.

If you criticize policies that's perfectly fine, no one will think you are a racist.

(i think you are projecting a little)
    Okay, let's see pictures of those guys in confederate flag t-shirts with that sign. Because you and your ilk keep claiming that the tea partiers are comprised of those kinds of guys, and have never, ever provided evidence of it. Let's see a link, because I can tell you that I've been called a racist for opposing Obamacare, deficits and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I can give lists and lists of things you can criticize Obama about (just about everything) without anyone calling you racist.

Yes I'm sure there's some whacky nerd in some basement somewhere who might criticize you for whatever stupid reason he thinks, but the vast majority of intelligent adults do not consider criticism of Obama to be racist.

I can give plenty, his economic policy, extended Bush's tax policy, Extended Bush's military policy, policy towards superjudicial detainment, extensions of the patriot act, and plenty more.
    Wacky nerds in a basement?

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American," Jimmy Carter, former (thank God!) president

“As far as African-Americans are concerned, we think most of it is, and we think it’s very unfortunate. We as African-American people of course are very sensitive to it.” Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Texas), when asked in an interview in between sessions how much of the more extreme anger at Obama is based upon his race. “

“There’s a very angry, small group of folks that just didn’t like the fact that Barack Obama won the presidency. With some, I think it is [about race]. Rep. Mike Honda (D-Calif.), chairman of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus

"Some people just can't believe a black man is President and will never accept it." Maureen Dowd, NY Times columnist.

Yes, some of the Republican opposition to Obama is racist. So what? John McWhorter, writing in the New Republic

“The conjunction of a black President and a female speaker of the House — topped off by a wise Latina on the Supreme Court and a powerful gay congressional committee chairman — would sow fears of disenfranchisement among a dwindling and threatened minority in the country no matter what policies were in play.” Frank Rich, NY Times columnist.

A guest suggested that when Tea Party activists said they wanted to “take back” their country, their real motivation was to stir up anger and anxiety at having a black president, and Obama didn’t dispute the idea. He agreed that there was a “subterranean agenda” in the anti-Obama movement—a racially biased one—that was unfortunate. But he sadly conceded that there was little he could do about it. --US News

Yes, It's Racism...but it's Complicated--Joe Klein, writing in Time Magazine. http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009...#ixzz1HRj3D7pM

In that sense, Barack Obama is the apotheosis of all they fear. He is a child of what used to be called miscegenation--a mixed marriage. His father was a Muslim, his mother was sort of a hippy. She raised him in Hawaii, which is just barely American and in Indonesia (which is very suspicious). He is a liberal (even if a prohibitively moderate one). Worse, he's a completely urban sort. There is nothing resembling a log cabin in his background. We've had elite Presidents--the Roosevelts, the Bushes--but we have never really had an urban one. (New York Governor Al Smith, Tammany Hall's finest, was trounced in 1928--the last pure urban candidate.) This sort of populist paranoia is disgraceful, but as American as apple pie. --Joe Klein, writing in Time Magazine.
    http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009...#ixzz1HRj3D7pM
    Apparently, a former US president, members of congress (including a caucus chair) and columnists for the NY Times, Time Magazine, and even Obama himself, consider his opposition to be motivated by racism. Who would have thought that all of those influential politicians and media personalities were wacky nerds who wrote from their basements?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But now, as Obama is lobbing cruise missiles into Libya, moonbats like Kucinich, Jackson-Lee, Waters, Michael Moore, Nadar are in full on meltdown mode going so far as to call for his impeachment and yet the commentary from the MSM has been, well..
    Well, what?

I have to say, nobody paid much attention to Kucinich, Jackson-Lee, Waters, Michael Moore, Nadar moonbats calling for Bush's impeachment either (did they even do that?).

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Well, what?

I have to say, nobody paid much attention to Kucinich, Jackson-Lee, Waters, Michael Moore, Nadar moonbats calling for Bush's impeachment either (did they even do that?).
    Oh, they did. And others as well.

I want to stand by that comment I made. The reason I made that comment is a warning. The reason, I don’t say those things lightly, Chris, you’ve known me for a long time. I was chairman of the Judiciary committee for 17 years or its ranking member. I teach separation of powers and constitutional law. This is something I know. So I got together and brought a group of Constitutional scholars together and write a piece I’m going to deliver to the whole United States Senate in pointing out the president has no Constitutional authority to take this nation to war against a country of 70 million people unless we’re attacked, or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. If he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that– but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that- I don’t say it lightly, I don’t say it lightly.
    --Joseph Biden
    Fortunately, Biden never went very far in politics, or did he?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

See Ody, oreo and wee wee like to live in a place called Denial. Wee Wee clearly showed is wanton ignorance on pretty much everything by saying that I was "projecting" that any criticism of Obama was deemed racist when that meme was being bleated by the left even during his campaign. I guess wee wee thinks that I dreamed when Obama made the comment during his campaign that people like me don't like him because he doesn't "look like the presidents on the one dollar bill". And oreo, in typical leftist fashion, is dismissing the moonbat calling of impeachment simply because supposedly no one pays any attention to those people anyway. Ah. Is that what it is? However, the left certainly fall all over themselves if someone like Alex Jones proclaims that Obama isn't a citizen. So to oreo a right wing moonbat nobody's words carries more weight than sitting congresspeople, a multi-million dollar Oscar winning documentary producer, or a consumer advocate turned presidential candidate. Speaking of fat boy Moore. Answer me this oreo, please tell me why what Michael Moore says is totally relevant to you liberals when he's making movies like Fahrenheit 9/11, Sicko, or Bowling for Columbine, however, he makes statements about impeaching a president who has a 'D' by his name and now all of a sudden no one is paying attention. Can you answer me that please?

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Oh, they did. And others as well.

I want to stand by that comment I made. The reason I made that comment is a warning. The reason, I don’t say those things lightly, Chris, you’ve known me for a long time. I was chairman of the Judiciary committee for 17 years or its ranking member. I teach separation of powers and constitutional law. This is something I know. So I got together and brought a group of Constitutional scholars together and write a piece I’m going to deliver to the whole United States Senate in pointing out the president has no Constitutional authority to take this nation to war against a country of 70 million people unless we’re attacked, or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. If he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that– but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that- I don’t say it lightly, I don’t say it lightly.
    --Joseph Biden
    Fortunately, Biden never went very far in politics, or did he?
    If these leftists got their wish and Obama was impeached, guess who gets the job?
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 03-23-2011 at 02:21 PM.

See Ody, oreo and wee wee like to live in a place called Denial. Wee Wee clearly showed is wanton ignorance on pretty much everything by saying that I was "projecting" that any criticism of Obama was deemed racist when that meme was being bleated by the left even during his campaign. I guess wee wee thinks that I dreamed when Obama made the comment during his campaign that people like me don't like him because he doesn't "look like the presidents on the one dollar bill". And oreo, in typical leftist fashion, is dismissing the moonbat calling of impeachment simply because supposedly no one pays any attention to those people anyway. Ah. Is that what it is? However, the left certainly fall all over themselves if someone like Alex Jones proclaims that Obama isn't a citizen. So to oreo a right wing moonbat nobody's words carries more weight than sitting congresspeople, a multi-million dollar Oscar winning documentary producer, or a consumer advocate turned presidential candidate. Speaking of fat boy Moore. Answer me this oreo, please tell me why what Michael Moore says is totally relevant to you liberals when he's making movies like Fahrenheit 9/11, Sicko, or Bowling for Columbine, however, he makes statements about impeaching a president who has a 'D' by his name and now all of a sudden no one is paying attention. Can you answer me that please?

If these leftists got their wish and Obama was impeached, guess who gets the job?
    If the place they live in is denial then the piece of land they camp on is called Dismissal. Because both are quick to dismiss as "no big thing" anything like what you've been pointing out when it's their guy at fault or in the spotlight.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Answer me this oreo, please tell me why what Michael Moore says is totally relevant to you liberals when he's making movies like Fahrenheit 9/11, Sicko, or Bowling for Columbine, however, he makes statements about impeaching a president who has a 'D' by his name and now all of a sudden no one is paying attention. Can you answer me that please?
    Can't speak for these so-called "liberals" but what Michael Moore says is not relevant to me.

I thought Fahrenheit 9/11 was silly (but the Bonanza thing was kind of funny) and dismissed it shortly after it started and he tried to tie a pipeline in Afghanistan to our conflict with that nation. I didn't watch either Sicko nor Bowling for Columbine. The first because, well, I really don't give a shit what Michael Moore has to say about the healthcare delivery system in the United States and the second because, well, I don't give a shit what he has to say about the 2nd Amendment either.

Hope that answers your question.

So what you're saying is that you're the official spokesperson of the left? Wow. And I thought all of those people going in droves to see Moore's films was an aberration. Guess I'm right.