Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I tried watching Rome but it was terrible. For me, it would be nice for HBO to show movies.
    thats what the "extra" HBO channels are for...my problem with the "movie" channels is that they all show like 3 movies over and over between them :(

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    sadly people watch this garbage so they keep running it. Looking more and more like the only place to find any really good orginal shows is the movie networks, like HBO and Showtime...hell I'm thinking of bringing down my statlite so i can add HBO
    Not only do people keep watching (why I still haven't figured out) but reality/game show garbage is cheaper to make than a regular show. Little to no writing (so no overpaid writers), fewer onscreen people to pay (especially if the only one who gets paid is the winner), so if the show gets big, the return is bigger, and if it tanks, there is less risk.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Not only do people keep watching (why I still haven't figured out) but reality/game show garbage is cheaper to make than a regular show. Little to no writing (so no overpaid writers), fewer onscreen people to pay (especially if the only one who gets paid is the winner), so if the show gets big, the return is bigger, and if it tanks, there is less risk.
    yeah...I know why...still makes it garbage...the only ones worth watching are the Cooking ones (Hells Kitchen, anything on Food Network, etc)
    Last edited by fettpett; 03-24-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    yeah...I know why...still makes it garbage...the only ones worth watching are the Cooking ones (Hells Kitchen, anything on Food Network, etc)
    A little bit is fine. The first couple of seasons of Survivor, Real World, and Big Brother were interesting to watch, and Man Vs. Food is always great, but the overload has just gotten ridiculous, especially when so many of them are just trying to rip off the successful ones (all the American Idol clones, I've seen commercials for at least one Undercover Boss knock-off, ect)
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I like "Top Shot."