Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Thanks, what is truly ironic is that my dad's first name is Gustave. More than one employee at the hospital has noted that.
    Wow you've got some bright doctors down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Wow you've got some bright doctors down there.
    Yea. All the best doctors want to live below sea level, on the coast, in a city that has to pump out its own sewer and has one of the highest uninsured rates in the country. Oh, and one of the highest murder rates.

Clearly the best and brightest minds are attracted to that environment.

"Yes, dear. I did get an offer from the Mayo Clinic. But I really feel like downtown New Orleans is a better place to build a medical practice and raise a family."
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Beebs & Eyelids, this is a thread on the storm. If you want to argue on living in a hurricane prone area, start your own thread please.
    How is this not related to the storm?

But fine, move my posts to the other thread I just created. Its in GD too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Yea, but everyone who drowns in that pit called New Orleans are Obama supporters, so it should all even out.
    You are a moron. Have you ever been to Jefferson Parish, St. James Parish, etc? These parishes, counties, are 90% white ( suburbs). The same deal as Smyrna is to Atlanta and Metairie is to N.O..

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are a moron. Have you ever been to Jefferson Parish, St. James Parish, etc? These parishes, counties, are 90% white ( suburbs). The same deal as Smyrna is to Atlanta and Metairie is to N.O..
    Yes, all 500 people who live there are retarded. White, black, or otherwise.

Ironically, I know a particularly stupid person from Atlanta who decided New Orleans was THE NEXT BIG real estate market. He cashed out his 401k and other investments and built a bunch of track houses down there. But then insurance rates went up (duh) so he has them all uninsured and most are unsold.

Brilliant white guy, right there.

Oh, and last time I checked, Smyrna isn't below sea level 1 mile from the coast.

Banned

I hope a big, monster hurricane comes and buries New Orleans once and for all.

Your knowledge of New Orleans and the Port of South Louisiana would not fill a thimble. These two Louisiana ports handle approximately 25% of the world's largest tonnage in bulk quantities. All that steel, rubber that Ohio uses in the manufacturing process that comes up the Mississippi River would cease if there were no workers to load and unload those products from foreign ships. Ohio exports of grain and other food products could not be shipped by river traffic either.

Now to the good part; oil and gas. Can we say you would freeze your ass off this winter. Yeah, cause those petroleum products and that natural gas shipped to Ohio would come to a crawl also. My domestic oil and natural gas stocks would go thru the roof.

Your idea of the big storm burying N.O. sounds like a good plan to me. I make plenty of money and ignorant shits like you and Eyelids get the short end of the stick. FYI, you have to have infrastructure to work those thousands of offshore rigs plus several of those refineries are just a few miles from New Orleans. But hey, I like your plan even though you don't know your ass from the hole in the ground about MS River traffic or the petro and gas hubs in Louisiana.

Eyelids
    Yea. All the best doctors want to live below sea level, on the coast, in a city that has to pump out its own sewer and has one of the highest uninsured rates in the country. Oh, and one of the highest murder rates.

Clearly the best and brightest minds are attracted to that environment.

"Yes, dear. I did get an offer from the Mayo Clinic. But I really feel like downtown New Orleans is a better place to build a medical practice and raise a family."
    And you haven't even touched on the people who fucking live there...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    That mighty white of you to want to drown your brothers and sisters like rats.

The people of the gulf coast deserve whatever they get. I am sick of the taxpayers bailing out the people who CHOOSE to live on the coast.

I hope a big, monster hurricane comes and buries New Orleans once and for all.

If you don't like it, move. I dont make the government come and replace my gutters when the Ohio snow and ice storms rip them off of my house. When you live in Ohio its going to snow, and when you live on the coast you are going to get hurricanes.

And hey, if you want to live there and take the consequences - great! Just don't come whining and crying when a storm comes.
    I don't think I've ever said this to anybody since I became a Christian and I'll ask God to forgive me when I say my prayers but you are a fucking idiot. Shove you wishes up your ass and choke on them.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Sonnabend
    ..yet you are the one wishing them harm.