Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I don't think I've ever said this to anybody since I became a Christian and I'll ask God to forgive me when I say my prayers but you are a fucking idiot. Shove you wishes up your ass and choke on them.
    Hey, if the people who live there are willing to deal with the threats - more power to'em, but dont tell me that the taxpayers should be stepping in every 3 years when they get hit.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Hey, if the people who live there are willing to deal with the threats - more power to'em, but dont tell me that the taxpayers should be stepping in every 3 years when they get hit.
    I pay taxes too so don't tell me how to feel about how my tax dollars are spent. You do not speak for the tax payers, you speak for yourself. I would rather my tax dollars go to taking care of people than spending it on half the junk the government spends it on. Show a little human decency and quit acting like an arrogant, how it all.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I pay taxes too so don't tell me how to feel about how my tax dollars are spent. You do not speak for the tax payers, you speak for yourself. I would rather my tax dollars go to taking care of people than spending it on half the junk the government spends it on. Show a little human decency and quit acting like an arrogant, how it all.
    Hmmm, so should the government pay to replace my gutters when the ice tears them down this winter? Should they pay to fix my lawn when the drought kills all my grass?

Paying for FEMA trailers and free hotel rooms is not the role of the government. I am all for "helping people", but those who voluntarily live on the Coast need to have some responsibility too. Getting on TV whining because a hurricane is coming is beyond pathetic and does not generate much sympathy from Americans anymore. If you don't like the inevitable hurricane, and aren't willing to pay for your own insurance and expenses, move somewhere else. This probably doesn't apply to you, but Katrina sure proved that there are a lot of people in hurricane ally sucking off of the government's teet. And taking money from middle America to give to those on the golf coast without insurance is Welfare and income redistribution. Period. And anyone who supports that can suck on it.

Or the government can just start cutting me a check for all of the weather-related expenses that every other part of the @#$%ing country has to deal with.
    Last edited by OwlMBA; 08-30-2008 at 08:53 PM.

I have family in south LA. They are doctors, nurses, an airline pilot, a CPA and a minister. They all evacuated before Katrina. They returned, had varied amounts of damage to their homes. Most of them repaired (with insurance they paid for) and stayed there. They are providing needed functions there. Why would you wish them harm?

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I have family in south LA. They are doctors, nurses, an airline pilot, a CPA and a minister. They all evacuated before Katrina. They returned, had varied amounts of damage to their homes. Most of them repaired (with insurance they paid for) and stayed there. They are providing needed functions there. Why would you wish them harm?
    Ok, you all need to learn to distinguish sarcasm. I dont wish ANYONE harm. But I do wish that our government would insist that people have insurance, and refuse to pay the expenses of those who don't. If they did that, the riff-raff would be out of New Orleans and we would all be better off.

But if the government is going to insist on taking money from 99% of the country to subsidize insurance for 1%, I will not be happy about it.

Banned
    Ok, you all need to learn to distinguish sarcasm. I dont wish ANYONE harm. But I do wish that our government would insist that people have insurance, and refuse to pay the expenses of those who don't. If they did that, the riff-raff would be out of New Orleans and we would all be better off.

But if the government is going to insist on taking money from 99% of the country to subsidize insurance for 1%, I will not be happy about it.
    Right. However, you are too stupid to respond to my previous post #16

Hmmm, so should the government pay to replace my gutters when the ice tears them down this winter? Should they pay to fix my lawn when the drought kills all my grass?

Paying for FEMA trailers and free hotel rooms is not the role of the government. I am all for "helping people", but those who voluntarily live on the Coast need to have some responsibility too. Getting on TV whining because a hurricane is coming is beyond pathetic and does not generate much sympathy from Americans anymore. If you don't like the inevitable hurricane, and aren't willing to pay for your own insurance and expenses, move somewhere else. This probably doesn't apply to you, but Katrina sure proved that there are a lot of people in hurricane ally sucking off of the government's teet. And taking money from middle America to give to those on the golf coast without insurance is Welfare and income redistribution. Period. And anyone who supports that can suck on it.

Or the government can just start cutting me a check for all of the weather-related expenses that every other part of the @#$%ing country has to deal with.
    Are you telling me that you advocate letting people, those displaced because of their choice of where to live, die of starvation and exposure. Is that your solution?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Right. However, you are too stupid to respond to my previous post #16
    Whats the problem? Shouldn't those folks also pay for insurance?

Are you telling me that you advocate letting people, those displaced because of their choice of where to live, die of starvation and exposure. Is that your solution?
    Oh brother. Spending 12 months in a free hotel room or years in a FEMA trailer along with a $2,000 handout is hardly preventing people from "dying of exposure".

And nobody has an excuse anymore. You know what hurricanes can do, you better darn well be prepared. And if not, I support giving the bare minimum to save lives. Not free cash, free insurance, subsidized loans, tax breaks, and indefinite free living in a trailer.

Banned
    Whats the problem? Shouldn't those folks also pay for insurance?
    The problem does not have anything to do with insurance; it's your stupid mouth. If I have to explain it any further, the meaning would get lost in the translation.