Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    spiders.

    of course when I was 4 years old I was playing hide and go seek in the back yard with my brother and crawled behind the water heater right into a couple of widdow webs. Was bit 3 or 4 times.

    Spent 3 days in the hospital

    have fucking hated all spiders since.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,073
    Spiders. Never been bitten by a bad one, but had a few bad experiences.

    In Michigan I was at someones house when I felt a fly messing around my ear. I brushed my hair to shoo it off, and felt something hit my leg. I looked down, and saw a big ass wolf spider on my leg. I slapped it so damn hard it flew across the room and splattered against a wall.

    Another time in Japan I was mowing the lawn at work. We get these large spiders, non poisonous, but big. Our building would be covered in them in summer time. While I was cutting in a corner, one of the spiders dropped off it's web onto me. Closest I've ever come to shitting myself. I did this weird freak out dance, got the thing off of me, let the lawn mower die, walked back into work, and said I was just done for the day. Then just went and sat in a corner until my shift was over.
    Last edited by djones520; 03-24-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    there are a LOT of wolf spiders here...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member Tecate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The collapse of civil order.
    I've thought about this before simply while driving in heavy grid-lock type traffic. You can just look around you and see that civil order is only a thin veneer. If people will trample each other over a cheap flat-screen TV on black Friday, imagine what would happen if food on the store shelves began to dry up? It's a pretty scary thought.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I've thought about this before simply while driving in heavy grid-lock type traffic. You can just look around you and see that civil order is only a thin veneer. If people will trample each other over a cheap flat-screen TV on black Friday, imagine what would happen if food on the store shelves began to dry up? It's a pretty scary thought.
    I try not to think about it too much.

    In that vein, I don't like to visit Phoenix because I have this (irrational?) fear they will run out of water while I am there.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I try not to think about it too much.

    In that vein, I don't like to visit Phoenix because I have this (irrational?) fear they will run out of water while I am there.
    Lol
    Damm I live here.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Spiders. Never been bitten by a bad one, but had a few bad experiences.

    In Michigan I was at someones house when I felt a fly messing around my ear. I brushed my hair to shoo it off, and felt something hit my leg. I looked down, and saw a big ass wolf spider on my leg. I slapped it so damn hard it flew across the room and splattered against a wall.

    Another time in Japan I was mowing the lawn at work. We get these large spiders, non poisonous, but big. Our building would be covered in them in summer time. While I was cutting in a corner, one of the spiders dropped off it's web onto me. Closest I've ever come to shitting myself. I did this weird freak out dance, got the thing off of me, let the lawn mower die, walked back into work, and said I was just done for the day. Then just went and sat in a corner until my shift was over.
    I don't like spiders either. Or bees for that matter. I've stopped my car in the middle of traffic to escape a bee in my car. I'm not allergic per se but I swell up like a balloon when stung.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Lol
    Damm I live here.....
    I can get a little freaked out in New York, too. It is Trantor. An island of metal and concrete and millions of bodies. I mean, where do they get all their food?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I can get a little freaked out in New York, too. It is Trantor. An island of metal and concrete and millions of bodies. I mean, where do they get all their food?
    dont go to HI lol.

    Spent my honeymoon there and the tsunami hit. People went ape shit for 13 hours.

    It was nuts
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I can get a little freaked out in New York, too. It is Trantor. An island of metal and concrete and millions of bodies. I mean, where do they get all their food?
    They eat visitors.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •