Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The big Cheese
    spiders.

of course when I was 4 years old I was playing hide and go seek in the back yard with my brother and crawled behind the water heater right into a couple of widdow webs. Was bit 3 or 4 times.

Spent 3 days in the hospital

have fucking hated all spiders since.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Spiders. Never been bitten by a bad one, but had a few bad experiences.

In Michigan I was at someones house when I felt a fly messing around my ear. I brushed my hair to shoo it off, and felt something hit my leg. I looked down, and saw a big ass wolf spider on my leg. I slapped it so damn hard it flew across the room and splattered against a wall.

Another time in Japan I was mowing the lawn at work. We get these large spiders, non poisonous, but big. Our building would be covered in them in summer time. While I was cutting in a corner, one of the spiders dropped off it's web onto me. Closest I've ever come to shitting myself. I did this weird freak out dance, got the thing off of me, let the lawn mower die, walked back into work, and said I was just done for the day. Then just went and sat in a corner until my shift was over.
    Last edited by djones520; 03-24-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    there are a LOT of wolf spiders here...

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The collapse of civil order.
    I've thought about this before simply while driving in heavy grid-lock type traffic. You can just look around you and see that civil order is only a thin veneer. If people will trample each other over a cheap flat-screen TV on black Friday, imagine what would happen if food on the store shelves began to dry up? It's a pretty scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    I've thought about this before simply while driving in heavy grid-lock type traffic. You can just look around you and see that civil order is only a thin veneer. If people will trample each other over a cheap flat-screen TV on black Friday, imagine what would happen if food on the store shelves began to dry up? It's a pretty scary thought.
    I try not to think about it too much.

In that vein, I don't like to visit Phoenix because I have this (irrational?) fear they will run out of water while I am there.

The big Cheese
    I try not to think about it too much.

In that vein, I don't like to visit Phoenix because I have this (irrational?) fear they will run out of water while I am there.
    Lol
    Damm I live here.....

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Spiders. Never been bitten by a bad one, but had a few bad experiences.

In Michigan I was at someones house when I felt a fly messing around my ear. I brushed my hair to shoo it off, and felt something hit my leg. I looked down, and saw a big ass wolf spider on my leg. I slapped it so damn hard it flew across the room and splattered against a wall.

Another time in Japan I was mowing the lawn at work. We get these large spiders, non poisonous, but big. Our building would be covered in them in summer time. While I was cutting in a corner, one of the spiders dropped off it's web onto me. Closest I've ever come to shitting myself. I did this weird freak out dance, got the thing off of me, let the lawn mower die, walked back into work, and said I was just done for the day. Then just went and sat in a corner until my shift was over.
    I don't like spiders either. Or bees for that matter. I've stopped my car in the middle of traffic to escape a bee in my car. I'm not allergic per se but I swell up like a balloon when stung.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Lol
    Damm I live here.....
    I can get a little freaked out in New York, too. It is Trantor. An island of metal and concrete and millions of bodies. I mean, where do they get all their food?

The big Cheese
    I can get a little freaked out in New York, too. It is Trantor. An island of metal and concrete and millions of bodies. I mean, where do they get all their food?
    dont go to HI lol.

Spent my honeymoon there and the tsunami hit. People went ape shit for 13 hours.

It was nuts

They eat visitors.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers