Thread: Bachmann Exploring Possible 2012 Run

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61
  1. #1 Bachmann Exploring Possible 2012 Run 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,314
    She was just interviewed on Fox News and said she's got one of those exploratory thingys and it looks like she might run in 2012. I look forward to the liberal meltdown over this. I'd vote for her before I voted for Palin.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,948
    Well, if this is true, then it is only further evidence that Pain has no intention of entering the race.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." ~ Albert Einstein
     

  3. #3  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    could be that she would end up as the VP candidate....but I would vote for her over anyone else besides Cain at this point
     

  4. #4  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    4,829
    Yea I saw it.

    I'm not ruling out Palin, I think she would like to. But I also believe she is more interested in seeing Obama as a one termer, and will do what ever it takes to see that come true. And if it means she doesn't run, then she won't.

    I think Bachmann has a better shoot then Palin, I like Palin, but she has been muddied too much by the left. Painted as stupid and worse. Too polerizing, and to win, we must pick up a few moderate Dems disheartened by Obama. And I don't see Palin doing that.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Well, if this is true, then it is only further evidence that Pain has no intention of entering the race.
    Freudian slip, or your honest opinion? :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
     

  6. #6  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Well, it won't be a boring election.

    Visualize people who don't like Obama, voting for him anyway because the other choice is the dingbat or Vampira.
     

  7. #7  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well, it won't be a boring election.

    Visualize people who don't like Obama, voting for him anyway because the other choice is the dingbat or Vampira.
    I don't think Jonathon is running again this year?
    http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7....blogspot.com/

    And I wasn't aware Alan Grayson was running.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yea I saw it.

    I'm not ruling out Palin, I think she would like to. But I also believe she is more interested in seeing Obama as a one termer, and will do what ever it takes to see that come true. And if it means she doesn't run, then she won't.

    I think Bachmann has a better shoot then Palin, I like Palin, but she has been muddied too much by the left. Painted as stupid and worse. Too polerizing, and to win, we must pick up a few moderate Dems disheartened by Obama. And I don't see Palin doing that.
    Just pragmatically, why would Palin take the pay cut? If I were in her shoes, there is no way in hell I would go and take up being President, with all of the associated headaches, for the amount of money that she can get in four or five speaking engagements.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
     

  9. #9  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    4,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Just pragmatically, why would Palin take the pay cut? If I were in her shoes, there is no way in hell I would go and take up being President, with all of the associated headaches, for the amount of money that she can get in four or five speaking engagements.
    I'll have you answer this question.

    Why is Trump running. He in doing so will take one hell of a pay-cut.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I'll have you answer this question.

    Why is Trump running. He in doing so will take one hell of a pay-cut.
    I don't think he's serious. I think it's one more example of his overall self-aggrandizement.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •