1. #1 TiT bouncy about his rock-ribbed conservative friend 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6833637

TomInTib (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 02:52 PM
    Original message
    "I cannot vote for these guys." (my only 'pub friend)
    Advertisements [?]I was at a house party last night when I ran into a friend of mine who I will call "Ron" (because his name is Ron). Ron is a rock-ribbed conservative and my only Republican friend (we are friends because he likes my music and we were friends before I knew he was a 'pub).
    Ron is a typical upper-class 'pub, kinda (a lot, really) overweight, nerdy glasses, a ton of money, wears his Tommy Bahamas buttoned all the way to the neck and always wears dress shoes and slacks. Ron runs some kind of consulting business, but his explanation of what he does always makes my head hurt.
    We were hanging out, drinking Bombay Sapphire Gin out of the freezer, neat, when Ron started talking about the upcoming election. Said he had voted in every election at every level since he was old enough to vote (he is now my age, 55+). Said he voted straight ticket every time because he felt the 'pubs were best for the Country and best for Business.
    Then he told me that he had stopped contributing when McCain became the presumptive candidate because he felt that the Country couldn't handle any more of the Bush-style government.
    He then went on for some time about Obama, who he referred to as a "Charlatan", and how he thought that Obama's crowd was going to cause a train wreck.
    Then he said that with the selection of Palin, he had decided to not vote for the first time in his life. And he said he was completely comfortable with his decision.
    He then proceeded to blow me out of my chair (actually, it was a barstool) when he said, "You know, Tom, if Hillary Clinton was the nominee, I would not only support her but I would vote for her".
    We were all hanging around with our mouths open, dumbfounded.

How many other "Ron's" are out there?

If this guy has turned, so has the screw.

dumbfounded
    Yes, that part of the story I can believe since that seems a natural state for TIT to be in.

First out of the box, CaliforniaPeggy buys it...

CaliforniaPeggy (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 02:57 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. I hope there are millions ...just like him!
    Then we learn that TiT doesn't really like Obama and doesn't actually vote:

Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top
    TomInTib (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 03:39 PM
    Original message
    Welcome, Minervah
    And, unfortunately, I am with you on Obama.

When I listen to him speak, my mind screams "Televangelist". He delivers well, but he has yet to convince me that he actually sincerely means any of it.

We donated to Clinton and Edwards, but I cannot justify giving money to this crowd.

I don't trust anyone under 50, anyway.

And I am not going to vote for anyone.
    TomInTib (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 03:57 PM
    Response to Original message
    13. I am almost past the point...
    of giving a damn, anymore.

I have spent the last thirty years trying to live my life with as little governmental influence as possible.

But I have had it with being lied to.

If Obama is elected (and I seriously doubt that will be allowed to happen), I, for one, will be watching to see who is really pulling the strings.

I truly believe that it has come down to Different Dogs, Same Handlers.

By "Televangelist" I just see his speeches as totally transparent. I don't hear any real substance, just platitudes.

I live in one of the bluest areas in the country (Tiburon, Southern Marin County, CA) and support here is lukewarm, at best.

But I am hoping for the best (or least worst, anyway).
    TomInTib (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 04:03 PM
    Response to Reply #12
    14. I don't vote for anyone.
    I have only voted for one person in my life (Clinton over Bush). And I had to stand in line for over an hour, with a bunch of people who were actually praying for Brother George, to do that.

Even if I was registered, my vote wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket. I live in S Marin County.

TomInTib (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 04:03 PM
    Response to Reply #12
    14. I don't vote for anyone.
    I have only voted for one person in my life (Clinton over Bush). And I had to stand in line for over an hour, with a bunch of people who were actually praying for Brother George, to do that.

Even if I was registered, my vote wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket. I live in S Marin County.
    Didn't TIT claim a while back that he couldn't vote because of a felony conviction? I may have that wrong, since he claims so many things.

Has TiT claimed to know Palin yet?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Voted straight ticket Repub all his life but would vote for Hillary.

*snicker*
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III