Thread: "The Vultures Gather Over The American Economic Carcass !"

1. #1 "The Vultures Gather Over The American Economic Carcass !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Why Are the Media Ignoring Plans By George Soros to Remake the Entire Global Economy?

Two years ago, George Soros said he wanted to reorganize the entire global economic system. In two short weeks, he is going to start – and no one seems to have noticed.
    snip
    What is a big deal is that Soros is doing exactly what he wanted to do. His 2009 commentary pushed for “a new Bretton Woods conference, like the one that established the post-WWII international financial architecture.” And he had already set the wheels in motion.

Just a week before that op-ed was published, Soros had founded the New York City-based Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), the group hosting the conference set at the Mount Washington Resort, the very same hotel that hosted the first gathering. The most recent INET conference was held at Central European University, in Budapest. CEU received $206 million from Soros in 2005 and has $880 million in its endowment now, according to The Chronicle of Higher Education.

This, too, is a gathering of Soros supporters. INET is bringing together prominent people like former U.K. Prime Minister Gordon Brown, former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker and Soros, to produce “a lot of high-quality, breakthrough thinking

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...lobal-economy/

I follow George Soros from a distance.
    He has money a-plenty, but how successful can he be? Not very, I think. With all the talk and yelling about all his organizations, they still consist mostly of ideologues who repel the mass of voters.

Moveon.org is an example. They could not defeat Bush and Lord knows they tried. The more they tried, the more attention they got and they finally pooped in their own pocket with the General Betray-us ad.

In short, these organization all act like Code Pink in that they do not know when to shut up.

Does Volker really have any choice but to attend Soros' shindig? Probably not, given the amount of money Soros gives to the Democrats.

And the list of speakers seems to be nothing more than a list of his friends and people who are already on board.
    more than 200 academic, business and government policy thought leaders” to repeat the famed 1944 Bretton Woods gathering that helped create the World Bank and International Monetary Fund. Soros wants a new “multilateral system,” or an economic system where America isn’t so dominant.
    Yeah. Lots of luck George. The U.S. is 25% of the world's economy. That's a fact that you may not like, but you and 200 "thinkers" won't change it.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I follow George Soros from a distance.
    He has money a-plenty, but how successful can he be? Not very, I think. With all the talk and yelling about all his organizations, they still consist mostly of ideologues who repel the mass of voters.

Moveon.org is an example. They could not defeat Bush and Lord knows they tried. The more they tried, the more attention they got and they finally pooped in their own pocket with the General Betray-us ad.

In short, these organization all act like Code Pink in that they do not know when to shut up.

Does Volker really have any choice but to attend Soros' shindig? Probably not, given the amount of money Soros gives to the Democrats.

And the list of speakers seems to be nothing more than a list of his friends and people who are already on board.

Yeah. Lots of luck George. The U.S. is 25% of the world's economy. That's a fact that you may not like, but you and 200 "thinkers" won't change it.
    Don't sell Soros short,he is a proven money trader. He took advantage of a weakness in the British pound sterling and took away more than a billion pounds.Soros has an Organization of currency traders all proven masters in calculating currency differentials and futures .He wants the economy to crash so he can pick up the pieces,bleed us white and destroy America.His meeting is to make sure the rest of the big money peopole are on the same page and not bidding against each other .

A list of some of America's biggest money people who will be there is interesting .Bill Gates (microsoft),Michael Dell (dell computers),Larry Ellison (oracle),Steven Jobs (Apple) .

Just for the hell of it - and because his book was only 4$ - I downloaded Soros' book, "The Alchemy of Finance" and listened to it. It was only three hours long, and I guess I made it through 1/3 of it.

Utter incomprehensible drivel.

I got almost nothing out of it.

He drones on and on about perceptions of reality, reflections, perceptions, and even touches on Quantum theory to illustrate his take on the possibility that observing the financial markets actually influences them.

He doesn't use the term "self fulfilling prophecy", but that seems to be his subject when he talks about what amounts to a feeding frenzy into markets such as real estate, oil, and gold.

He has billions. Maybe that's why the other billionaires are so keen on listening to him. Maybe they just want to reassure themselves that he is not dangerous. Maybe they understand his madness. Beats me.

He took his billions and has tried to influence policy.

Guy down in Miami - another billionaire - did the same thing and succeeded in getting the Mayor tossed out. Sometimes just being in the right makes a huge difference.

Just like being wrong.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    MOre on Soros and his New World Economic Order...

Maybe someone will bomb them since they're all gonna be in one place.

Looming Soros Conference Will Focus on Rearranging Global ‘Financial Order’

On April 8, dozens of “academic, business and government policy thought leaders” are scheduled to gather for a forum reminiscent of the 1944 Bretton Woods gathering that helped launch the World Bank and International Monetary Fund following World War II.

The George Soros-founded Institute for New Economic Thinking will hold its annual conference April 8-11, 2011 at the Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, N.H. According to the group’s website, the event will bring together economic figures such as Soros, former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and former Fed Chairman Paul Volcker to discuss a new, globalized vision of economics in the post-war world.

“This conference reflects INET’s dedication to inspiring and provoking new economic thinking,” the website says.

“Crisis and trauma offer us a rare opportunity to work together to create real lasting change. This is one of those times,” INET says.
    MORE

Banned
    Old senile farts like Soris & Buffett should retire, STFU and quit advising an economic moron like Obummer. They are way past their prime.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 03-25-2011 at 02:26 PM.

They should fade away that's for sure.

But I think I've figured out what Soros wants. In his book he points out that he saw failure of the pound looming. So he sold it short and made billions.
    The UK economy amounts to about 2.3 Trillion dollars; the U.S. economy is about 16 Trillion.
    So imagine what he would make if he managed to sell the U.S. dollar short and it crashed the way the pound did.

He would be the world's first trillionaire.

And I think that's what he wants. And one way to hasten its failure is to back Democrats.:mad: