Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama is totally playing the Republicans, and doing a fine job at it. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :p

Atman (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-24-11 05:30 PM
    Original message Obama is totally playing the Republicans, and doing a fine job at it. Edited on Thu Mar-24-11 05:36 PM by Atman

Bush got caught lying about the GOP's favorite war. Along the way, he made countless stupid, counter-productive comments that entrenched him, backed him into a corner, and embarrassed the nation ("Bring 'em on!" "Nope, no WMD under here!"). (Is Bush still President???? I thought not...) Obama, OTOH, is carefully measuring his words, not playing into their hands. Letting the so-called GOP "leaders" make laughing stocks of themselves with Gingrichy flip-flops and brazen hypocrisy. I'm not thrilled with everything Obama is doing, but one thing he is doing well lately is exposing the child-like thinking and tactics of the GOP.

My support for President Obama has had some ebbs and flows since the happy "Change" days, but right now he seems to be playing them like a fiddle.

I like that. I work in political advertising. These Republican clowns are writing my material for me!

(edited for minor typo)

Just keep telling yourself "Obama is a Genus!" there Atman...

I'm sure there are still plenty that will jump on that bus... :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Ah, so he's stupid like a fox, eh?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    His Lassie-Faire attitude is more damaging than anything that he could be doing...at lest if he was DOING something besides picking NCAA brackets, golfing, playing soccer in Rio while on vacation...he and his supporters could claim this crap

I'd say Obama is doing a pretty good job of making an ass of himself already, between his idiocy and his and Michelle's hypocrisy.
    He urges Americans to make sacrifices in these economic times and postpone or cancel vacations for that reason, even as he and his brood jet off for astronomical vacations on the taxpayers' dime every couple weeks or so (Even arranging the strike against Libya while vacationing in Rio). At least when Bush took vacations, his tended to just be quiet little sojourns to his Crawford ranch.
    Michelle, in turn, lectures Americans on eating nothing but grains and raw vegetables in the name of "Fighting obesity," even as she gleefully stuffs her porcine face with everything she can get her hands on (The food selection for the White House Superbowl Party alone would give most qualified nutritionists a heart attack), a fact evidenced by her gigantic butt.
    Tell me those aren't things to laugh at.
    Last edited by movie buff; 03-25-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    I'd say Obama is doing a pretty good job of making an ass of himself already, between his idiocy and his and Michelle's hypocrisy.
    He urges Americans to make sacrifices in these economic times and postpone or cancel vacations for that reason, even as he and his brood jet off for astronomical vacations on the taxpayers' dime every couple weeks or so (Even arranging the strike against Libya while vacationing in Rio). At least when Bush took vacations, his tended to just be quiet little sojourns to his Crawford ranch.
    Michelle, in turn, lectures Americans on eating nothing but grains and raw vegetables in the name of "Fighting obesity," even as she gleefully stuffs her porcine face with everything she can get her hands on (The food selection for the White House Superbowl Party alone would give most qualified nutritionists a heart attack), a fact evidenced by her gigantic butt.
    Tell me those aren't things to laugh at.
    Don't forget their trip to New England where they ate lobster pretty much twice a day. Tell me something that has more cholesterol than shrimp or lobster.

Michelle Obama should have picked as her First Lady advocacy opposition to kicking puppies. That way, we could have fun watching the terminal Obama haters fall all over themselves in defense of cocking your leg back and giving Fido Jr and hard, swift one to the jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Michelle Obama should have picked as her First Lady advocacy opposition to kicking puppies. That way, we could have fun watching the terminal Obama haters fall all over themselves in defense of cocking your leg back and giving Fido Jr and hard, swift one to the jaw.
    You're an asshole. Instead of making snarky comments, prove us wrong. Better yet, go back to the DU where you belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I must have missed it. Was Nancy rolling a big fat doob while she was on TV telling people to "just say no?"
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You're an asshole. Instead of making snarky comments, prove us wrong. Better yet, go back to the DU where you belong.
    Yea. MST 3000 wouldn't be as fun if the actors being made fun of could talk back to the puppets.

I have to admit the Repubs are letting and I MEAN letting Zero remove some of their ammo for '12 election season...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot