Thread: Tornado!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    That is does. There is no perfect answer to the situation. But I can tell you a ditch will be safer then being trapped in a wind tunnel with tons of shrapnel flying at 300mph.
    You are certainly right in that that is what the experts tell you to do, but around here the tornadic weather is almost always accompanied by torrential down pours and we have a lot of flash flooding in the lower lying areas.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Some may think the kid overreacted but if you live in an area where you don't get these things, getting one is pretty frigging scary. It's like living in Florida and getting a blizzard. You don't know how to handle it unless you came from a snowy area. I just don't think it's cool to laugh at something so destructive and that tornado did some significant damage.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have to see what Lanie says.

:D

My mom seen this happen when staying in an RV park in Illinois:

http://www.rrstar.com/news/state/x20...-falls-on-tent

She had just met the family at breakfast the day before. Someone in a big motorhome thought the kids were too loud to be in a tent next to them...so the park had them move to the wooded lot in which family members were killed & the family pet. The dad was in the process of loading up the kids in the car, when the tree snapped and landed on the tent that some of his children were in. 90 MPH winds came out of no where.

My mom gave away her resort membership after that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have to see what Lanie says.
    She hasn't had much of a sense of humor since that house landed on her sister
    "I believe what really happens in history is this: the old man is always wrong; and the young people are always wrong about what is wrong with him. The practical form it takes is this: that, while the old man may stand by some stupid custom, the young man always attacks it with some theory that turns out to be equally stupid."

G. K. Chesterton

Power CUer
    There are pictures in our paper this morning of real destruction. :( Only 25 miles from Pittsburgh.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    That is does. There is no perfect answer to the situation. But I can tell you a ditch will be safer then being trapped in a wind tunnel with tons of shrapnel flying at 300mph.
    And a ditch is exactly what I was looking for when I saw it - luckily it veered off the road about a 1/4th of a mile ahead of me - but what scared me even worse is that it turned right towards my grandmothers place which we had just left from. Had to turn around on the highway and headed back to make sure she was alright.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.