1. #1 Conversation that I had with someone who considers themselves "middle of the road" 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Horse With No Brain is making up stories again...

I swear, you think she could do better than this stupid story. It's all over the fucking place!!! :eek::D

Horse with no brain (1000+ posts) Thu Mar-24-11 05:15 PM
    Original message Conversation that I had with someone who considers themselves "middle of the road"Was talking to a friend the other day. Our relationship is strictly apolitical, but it drifted to politics.

He started off saying that he liked Obama, thought he was doing a good job--agreed he good do better, but was really pretty happy and would vote for him again. Stated that he also did well financially under Reagan and Bush 41.

Didn't like Bush 43.

Feels like that what happens in the country is strictly the result of the POTUS--doesn't even acknowledge the role of Congress as a factor, good or bad. Doesn't feel that intrinsic or extrinsic factors are at play--doesn't feel that people like Koch's influence elections.

Doesn't support universal healthcare. Feels like all people have to do is work--after all, even McDonald's offers insurance to their employees.

He also believes that rich pay their fair share of taxes and we shouldn't ask them to do more.

He is very uneducated politically. Obviously. And trust me when I say, he was NOT interested in being educated. He is happy happy fine fine in his own little world view.

Yes, we can count on his vote for 2012, but he clearly doesn't SUPPORT us nor can we count on (folks like) him to rally a cause. Sad days ahead.
    :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Feels like that what happens in the country is strictly the result of the POTUS--doesn't even acknowledge the role of Congress as a factor, good or bad.
    sadly many people in the US are like this and don't understand how our Federalist system works...