Thread: Far-flung Friday

1. #1 Far-flung Friday 
    Power CUer
    Sunny and bright in the DC area - don't know the temperature because I haven't been outside yet.

TOTD: I'm packing for an evening flight to Iceland (I won't be here for the thread next Friday). This morning, where would you happily go on a moment's notice, throwing a few things in a bag and heading out? :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

TOTD:
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

It's in the 20s here and it'll get windy this afternoon.

TOTD: I guess in the winter I could be convinced to drop everything to ski around the 10th Mountain Division trails and stay in their "hut" system. In the summer I would drop everything to stay on somebody's houseboat on Navajo lake or Horsetooth. :)

Didn't check on the temps, but everyone around here is wearing shorts. It's sunny and nice as usual. Yawn.

TOTD: I'd go about anywhere at this point at a moment's notice, if it weren't for Blue. We still haven't found a dogsitter who will cope with our sweet problem child. It's tough to find a sitter who will put up with a dog who might seize at any minute, who has to be begged to eat, and who gets very upset when we are gone. Darlene and Xena are easy to care for hounds.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Gorgeous day here, real t-shirt weather. I'm happy to go to most places, that don't require a visa and/or vaccinations, at a moment's notice

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar