Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Sorry,I was responding to your comments not schooling you !I'm new to some of these concoctions and experiment to find what I like.. My, my are you getting a mite Touchie these days.
    Touchy indeed......I write about my garden every year! You know I grow all kinds of peppers! :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Mmm, Pepper Jelly

1. Spicy PB & Jelly: Bring a little spicy style to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

2. Spiked Monte Cristo: Mix equal parts mayo and pepper jelly, spread evenly over two slices of bread, layer smoky ham or turkey with Swiss or Gruyere cheese. Dip finished sandwich into lightly beaten eggs seasoned with salt and pepper, lightly brown in a buttered skillet, cut in half and enjoy.

3. Simple Stir-Fry: In a skillet, sauté chicken slices in canola oil, add a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, season with teriyaki sauce and crushed red pepper and finish by swirling in pepper jelly until melted.

4. Glazed Honey-Drunken Salmon: Simply mix together bourbon liquor, honey, melted butter and pepper jelly until evenly incorporated. Spread over salmon, and cook until done.

5. Mediterranean Turkey Burgers: Mix together ground turkey, melted butter, dried sage and pepper jelly, season generously with salt and pepper, and throw on the grill.

6. Sweet and Sour Pork: Cube pork into 1/2-inch cubes, and brown in a skillet with oil. Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and pepper jelly until smooth. Add mixture to a few minutes before removing pork from skillet, stir, simmer and serve.

7. Spiced-Up Vinaigrette: In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, grainy mustard and pepper jelly until emulsified. Add lettuce, tomato and other salad ingredients to bowl, and gently toss to coat.

8. Fish-n-Dip: Mix together equal parts horseradish sauce with pepper jelly; serve this dip alongside any deep-fried fish for a uniquely tangy and spicy bliss.

Best breakfast sandwich- bacon, egg, cheddar, hot pepper jelly on an onion bagel.
    grill flatbread on one side and then spread with pepper jelly. Add grated fontina cheese, and then top with proscuitto or smoked duck if you can find it. Then a little arugula or basil .
    spread on top of brie before wrapping in cresent rolls or puff pastry for brie en croute...mixed with cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and butter for a truly fanstastic salmon glaze and dipping sauce.
    meatballs with pepper jelly.
    Brown meatballs, diced onion, garlic.
    Add 1 beer
    one jar pepper jelly
    one bottle Heinz Chili Sauce.
    Simmer until sauce is thick and delicious. Serve with toothpicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Thanks for the recipe. This one looks simple enough for me to make (I've had a few canning disasters in the past).

I do love this stuff. I at first recoiled at the idea, but I've found that it is wonderfully useful in places where you never would think it would be.

Tasty snack for parties: soften up a brick of cream cheese, then pour pepper jelly over it. Serve with crackers. The cream cheese nicely cools the heat of the pepper jelly, making a very tasty (and somewhat addictive!) spread.
    Agree on the cheese/jelly combination, also for canapes a cracker topped with a sliver of brie and a dab of pepper jelly is good too and in a rather more downmarket way peanut butter and pepper jelly sandwiches bring a new dimension to an old snack.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

Always wear kitchen gloves when handling hot peppers .
    That's what she said. :D

Jalapeno Jelly, with a little cream cheese on a Triscuit cracker is very good...
    Last edited by RobJohnson; 03-27-2011 at 04:30 AM.