Thread: Gallop: Huckabee has slight edge, Palin down

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Gallop: Huckabee has slight edge, Palin down 
    Huckabee Has Slight Edge, Palin Down, in GOP '12 PreferencesRomney, Palin would tie if Huckabee does not runby Jeffrey M. Jones
    PRINCETON, NJ -- Mike Huckabee tops a large list of potential GOP presidential candidates in current support for the party's 2012 nomination, with 19% of Republicans saying they are most likely to back him. This gives Huckabee a slight edge over Mitt Romney (15%). Sarah Palin is now at 12% after receiving 16% support in three prior Gallup polls. Newt Gingrich is the only other potential candidate who registers double-digit support. Sixteen percent of Republicans currently have no preference.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/146792/Hu...eferences.aspx

Whatever we may like, it's increasingly looking like a more moderate Republican is going to have the best chance of winning in 2012.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I won't vote for any of the first 5 on that list unless I have to.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Whatever we may like, it's increasingly looking like a more moderate Republican is going to have the best chance of winning in 2012.
    I moderate Republican would not survive the nominating process without pandering to the so-called Tea Party wing. 2012 is not a year a moderate can do much. I'm not even sure a rational conservative Republican could win.

Since both parties essentially suck, I prefer a divided government whenever possible. Keep Obama for 4 more years if the Republicans can get both the House and Senate. Then when the next Republican sell-out President comes along, give the Democrats the House and Senate. Lather, rinse, repeat.

When they can't agree on anything, that means they can do less. When they do less, they can do less harm... Because harm is ALL they ever do.

Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Since both parties essentially suck, I prefer a divided government whenever possible. Keep Obama for 4 more years if the Republicans can get both the House and Senate. Then when the next Republican sell-out President comes along, give the Democrats the House and Senate. Lather, rinse, repeat.

When they can't agree on anything, that means they can do less. When they do less, they can do less harm... Because harm is ALL they ever do.

Just my .02
    The deal on the Obama tax cuts proves that wrong. It means they can agree on the easy, no risk, stuff that does do harm.

Someone is going to have to eat the political bullet on the debt and deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The deal on the Obama tax cuts proves that wrong. It means they can agree on the easy, no risk, stuff that does do harm.

Someone is going to have to eat the political bullet on the debt and deficit.
    That cake has been in the oven for so long there's plenty of blame to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    And of course, "being nominated" is your definition of being forced to? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    As much as I adore Mormons, I think Romney has the edge on Huckabee.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You'll vote for whomever has the R next to his name.

How did a moderate Republican work out for us last time?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg