Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    What is worse. Smoking a little weed or some elitist Ivy Leaguer dropping a dime on the white shit to stick up his nose like your boy Obama. FYI, a dime in betting lingo is a thousand bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    What is worse. Smoking a little weed or some elitist Ivy Leaguer dropping a dime on the white shit to stick up his nose like your boy Obama. FYI, a dime in betting lingo is a thousand bucks.
    A dime in street drug lingo is ten bucks. There is a difference between gambling and drugs, dude. I'm just sayin'.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    A dime in street drug lingo is ten bucks. There is a difference between gambling and drugs, dude. I'm just sayin'.
    Never bought any drugs but have been around gamblers. So what would be the drug street lingo for a thousand bucks? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    One more time with the childish and stupid "so called?" Why don't you tell me what they are if they are not simply (and accurately)Tea Party without the juvenile "so called" prefix.
    I don't know what it's like where you live but here if someone runs for the nomination in the Republican Primary, has "Republican" on their campaign literature and advertising, or stands for an election with the words "Republican Party" next to their name, we call them Republicans.

I use the words "so-called" before "Tea Party" because I don't want anyone to think I am talking about anything other than a Republican; just a wing of that political party that most understand as a subset of the larger group. It is not an easily identifiable political position like someone being Pro-Life or against capital punishment nor is it a subjective adjective like conservative, moderate, or liberal. It is a movement within a specific party that is difficult to define and hard to use as a label since it is rarely taken by a candidate as self-identification but is used often by a constituency within the Republican Party for that purpose.

Hope that clears things up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

I use the words "so-called" before "Tea Party" because I don't want anyone to think I am talking about anything other than a Republican; just a wing of that political party that most understand as a subset of the larger group. It is not an easily identifiable political position like someone being Pro-Life or against capital punishment nor is it a subjective adjective like conservative, moderate, or liberal. It is a movement within a specific party that is difficult to define and hard to use as a label since it is rarely taken by a candidate as self-identification but is used often by a constituency within the Republican Party for that purpose.

Two can play that game. Let's just call most Democrats what they are and that is left wing liberals. The term progressive is a more acceptable term but there are very few liberals politicians that are so called moderate Democrats. The East and West coast Democrats are hardened leftists who are for big government, more taxes, more spending, anti-drilling, more regulations, socialized meds, wealth distribution, etc. etc.

Two can play that game. Let's just call most Democrats what they are and that is left wing liberals. The term progressive is a more acceptable term but there are very few liberals politicians that are so called moderate Democrats. The East and West coast Democrats are hardened leftists who are for big government, more taxes, more spending, anti-drilling, more regulations, socialized meds, wealth distribution, etc. etc.
    You can call them green peas for all I care.

Banned
    You can call them green peas for all I care.
    I call Democrat politicians what they are, left wing extremist.

I call Democrat [sic] politicians what they are, left wing extremist.
    Potato, potato.

I vote for the Republican nominee. Got my Druthers; Got my hopes; but "R" it will be.

I don't know what it's like where you live but here if someone runs for the nomination in the Republican Primary, has "Republican" on their campaign literature and advertising, or stands for an election with the words "Republican Party" next to their name, we call them Republicans.

Sounds like juvenile equivocation. The Tea Party candidate is exactly that. Apparently to your mind, if the candidate is anything but a left wing loon DIMoRAT or registered Republican, they are "so called" Tea Party candidates.
    You might be the first known case of TPDS.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand