Thread: JFK vs. The Federal Reserve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    You've said it better than I could.

George Soros (not without fault, him) pointed out that without debt, money would not exist at all! I was a little startled when I read that, but thinking about it, I really can't make much of an argument.
    You?
    Griffin says that in Jekyll Island as well... If everyone paid back every single dollar owed, there would be no money whatsoever. If you have $200 dollars in your pocket, it represents $200 that somebody owes to someone somewhere.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecate View Post
    Griffin says that in Jekyll Island as well... If everyone paid back every single dollar owed, there would be no money whatsoever. If you have $200 dollars in your pocket, it represents $200 that somebody owes to someone somewhere.
    In essence, my theory of the balance of life.
    In order for someone to have, someone else somewhere must have not. In order for someone to be happy, another has to be sad somewhere. They balance each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    In essence, my theory of the balance of life.
    In order for someone to have, someone else somewhere must have not. In order for someone to be happy, another has to be sad somewhere. They balance each other out.
    I see where you're coming from, but it tramples on my philosophy a bit in that I believe happiness and contentment are much the same and available to nearly all of us. But I do see where you're coming from.