Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 An example of what's wrong with our modern society 
    Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Was...layer_embedded

This same girl received death threats because of this video. People at the website 4chan found her real name, her address, birthdate, etc and sent death threats and harassed her simply or this video--4Chan, if you anything of them, will try their best to ruin the lives of anyone they dislike. They once sent grisly and disturbing (real) crash site photos to the email address of parents of a girl who was mangled and decapitated in a horrible car crash because they felt it was fun to do.

Bear in mind, the girl in this video was 11 when it was made. Her father was arrested for hitting her so hard in the face that her mouth bled while drunk just yesterday and on other websites, there were people actually APPLAUDING a man making his 12 year old daughter's mouth bleed. I don't care how fucked up a kid is acting, you don't punch a fucking 12 year old girl. You don't make your child bleed. I don't care what they're doing or saying.

This is just one example of many which shows how I feel society and our sense of morality in general has degenerated....Maybe it's just the internet and people aren't really this fucked up in real life (IE that a large percentage of people would really view making a 12 year old girl's mouth bleed as acceptable). I hope that's the case.

Beyond that...What has happened to our society? Would an 11 (she was 11 when the video was made) girl have acted anything like that in 1900? In 1960? Perhaps it's just me and my idealization of the past again, but somehow I feel like children were more innocent once. Our nation was more innocent once.

Perhaps, as is often the case, I am wrong. Maybe I'm just a cultural and moral dinosaur and punching 12 year olds is A-OK. Maybe 12 year olds always acted like this.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 03-26-2011 at 06:02 AM.

4Chan is a good example of everything wrong in todays society.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post

And this same girl received death threats. Bear in mind, she's 11 regardless of her vulgar language. Also, her father was arrested for hitting her so hard in the face that her mouth bled just yesterday and on other sites, there were people actually APPLAUDING a man making his 12 year old daughter's mouth bleed. I don't care how fucked up a kid is acting, you don't punch a fucking 12 year old girl.

This is just one example of many...Maybe it's just the internet and people aren't really this fucked up in real life (IE that a large percentage of people would view making a 12 year old girl's mouth bleed as acceptable). I hope that's the case.

Beyond that...What has happened to our society? Would an 11 (she was 11 when the video was made) girl have acted anything like that in 1900? In 1960? Perhaps it's just me and my idealization of the past again, but somehow I feel like children were more innocent once. Our nation was more innocent once.

Perhaps, as is often the case, I am wrong. Maybe I'm just a cultural and moral dinosaur and punching 12 year olds is A-OK. Maybe 12 year olds always acted like this.
    She's totally out of control.She acts like a much older kid and is desperate to fit into what she sees as the 'big peoples world' but on her terms.She's still just a confused little twelve year old kid who desperately needs some good adult guidance before it's too late for her.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post

This same girl received death threats because of this video. People at the website 4chan found her real name, her address, birthdate, etc and sent death threats and harassed her simply or this video--4Chan, if you anything of them, will try their best to ruin the lives of anyone they dislike. They once sent grisly and disturbing (real) crash site photos to the email address of parents of a girl who was mangled and decapitated in a horrible car crash because they felt it was fun to do.

Bear in mind, the girl in this video was 11 when it was made. Her father was arrested for hitting her so hard in the face that her mouth bled while drunk just yesterday and on other websites, there were people actually APPLAUDING a man making his 12 year old daughter's mouth bleed. I don't care how fucked up a kid is acting, you don't punch a fucking 12 year old girl. You don't make your child bleed. I don't care what they're doing or saying.

This is just one example of many which shows how I feel society and our sense of morality in general has degenerated....Maybe it's just the internet and people aren't really this fucked up in real life (IE that a large percentage of people would really view making a 12 year old girl's mouth bleed as acceptable). I hope that's the case.

What's happened to our society? People like you making excuses for foul-mouthed little know-nothings like her. Parents who want to be friends....

She'd done that in front of me, she'd have been blowing bubbles until her 16th birthday.....:mad:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

You do idealise the past just so you know.

I would suggest your newfound entry into adulthood and your blossoming interests and awareness is pretty confusing like it is for everyone, it's not that uncommon for people at ages of transition to idealize time periods long before they were born and ages like when you remember being "innocent"
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    What's happened to our society? People like you making excuses for foul-mouthed little know-nothings like her. Parents who want to be friends....

She'd done that in front of me, she'd have been blowing bubbles until her 16th birthday.....:mad:
    Agreed.
    I slapped a 12 year old onto his ASS one time for giving me the finger and motioning that I should come down my driveway and face him. His parents called the cops and I flat out denied the whole thing. I was a might nervous about the event, but it went away. And I bet that particular 12 year old never gave the finger to another man he didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    You do idealise the past just so you know.

I would suggest your newfound entry into adulthood and your blossoming interests and awareness is pretty confusing like it is for everyone, it's not that uncommon for people at ages of transition to idealize time periods long before they were born and ages like when you remember being "innocent"
    It' not uncommon for those of us "older folks" to evaluate that current state of affairs in the world and decide that on many levels some things in the past were better from a societal stand point than those that now exist.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    It' not uncommon for those of us "older folks" to evaluate that current state of affairs in the world and decide that on many levels some things in the past were better from a societal stand point than those that now exist.
    There's a historic pendulum that swings, it started back towards the right direction finally...
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    There's a historic pendulum that swings, it started back towards the right direction finally...
    It's a circular motion, which from some perspectives can appear like a back and forth, and from others like a repeating cycle, but it's more like a spiral.

It repeats all the time but still always changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    It's a circular motion, which from some perspectives can appear like a back and forth, and from others like a repeating cycle, but it's more like a spiral.

It repeats all the time but still always changes
    Well then, the spiral just farted for lift-off....:p
    Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot