Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 PETA: Don't call animals 'it' in the Bible 
    Our always amusing friends at PETA are suggesting...

PETA, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, is calling for a more animal-friendly update to the Bible.
    The group is asking translators of the New International Version (NIV) to remove what it calls "speciesist" language and refer to animals as "he" or "she" instead of "it."
    The NIV is a popular translation of the Christian Bible. An updated translation was released this month. The translators said 95% of the 1984 translation remains the same. But the committee of scholars made a move to be more gender-inclusive in their translation into English from the original Hebrew and Greek texts. According to the Committee on Bible Translation's website:
    In general, much more often than not ... "People” and "humans” (and "human beings”) were widely used for Greek and Hebrew masculine forms referring to both men and women. ... "Ancestors” was regularly preferred to "forefathers” unless a specific, limited reference to the patriarchs or to another all-male group is intended.
    PETA is hoping the move toward greater gender inclusiveness will continue toward animals as well.
    “When the Bible moves toward inclusively in one area ... it wasn’t much of a stretch to suggest they move toward inclusively in this area," Bruce Friedrich, PETA's vice president for policy, told CNN.
    Whole story is here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Another attempt to water down the true meaning of the Bible
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't of made them out of meat.

I still say someone should let a couple of hungry polar bears loose during the next peta convention.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't of made them out of meat.
    :D:D:Dx6
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

PETA has no credibility among the sane. They have been pwn'd so many times they have become a joke normal people tell at parties.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    PETA has no credibility among the sane. They have been pwn'd so many times they have become a joke normal people tell at parties.
    They are not taken seriously with legitimate zoological institutions. In fact, I believe in many places active PETA members are screened even as a volunteer, let alone an employee. They might have done some good in the foggy past, but at this point they're just troublemakers and a joke.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The Bible says that man can use the animals for his purpose, so I really don't see the point in PETA trying to make the bible PETA friendly. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    They are not taken seriously with legitimate zoological institutions. In fact, I believe in many places active PETA members are screened even as a volunteer, let alone an employee. They might have done some good in the foggy past, but at this point they're just troublemakers and a joke.
    Indeed.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The Bible says that man can use the animals for his purpose, so I really don't see the point in PETA trying to make the bible PETA friendly. lol
    As far as I know, God invented BBQ sauce. 'Nuff said.