Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,274
    I still have to wonder what Wei Wei teaches.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I still have to wonder what Wei Wei teaches.
    Gay innuendo: 3000 BCE to modern times
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I still have to wonder what Wei Wei teaches.
    Either Poli-sci or is a frustrated HS civics teacher wondering why his kids laugh at him when he spouts his drivel. Just a WAG.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,142
    Then Guinness is a bunch of hypocrites. They would regularly put in people like Mme. Calment who lived to be 122 years old. She was French born in 1875. I find it hard to believe that a person born in France in 1875 was issued a birth certificate. Seems as though they only want birth certificates from Americans:
    3. The Current World's Oldest Living Person is an American Woman

    Mrs. Maude Ferris-Luse (neé Davis) born on January 21, 1887 in Morley, Michigan now at age 114 is currently the world's oldest living person whose date-of-birth can be fully authenticated.http://www.grg.org/Guinness2002.htm
    However they mention no authentication for Mme. Calment or Mr. Izumi who was a Japanese man who lived to 120.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Then Guinness is a bunch of hypocrites. They would regularly put in people like Mme. Calment who lived to be 122 years old. She was French born in 1875. I find it hard to believe that a person born in France in 1875 was issued a birth certificate. Seems as though they only want birth certificates from Americans:

    However they mention no authentication for Mme. Calment or Mr. Izumi who was a Japanese man who lived to 120.
    I have seen no place where Guinness says they only accept a birth certificate as proof of age. But they aren't simply going to take someone's word for it, and a social security record is hardly concrete, there is both a financial incentive for a person lying to social security, and a lack of documentation of a timely manner, ie you have a person claiming to be 65 without proving that they actually were.

    There are many sources for verifying birth, either stand alone or in concert. Rebecca Lanier ought to be able to produce something besides a social security claim from 1954. And if she drew social security in 1954 and was only 49 at the time, then she's a thief.

    She should be in the 1900 , 1910, 1920, and 1930 census records. While I have occasionally been unable to find someone in one census year, I have never been unable to find someone in four consecutive censuses.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,142
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I have seen no place where Guinness says they only accept a birth certificate as proof of age. But they aren't simply going to take someone's word for it, and a social security record is hardly concrete, there is both a financial incentive for a person lying to social security, and a lack of documentation of a timely manner, ie you have a person claiming to be 65 without proving that they actually were.

    There are many sources for verifying birth, either stand alone or in concert. Rebecca Lanier ought to be able to produce something besides a social security claim from 1954. And if she drew social security in 1954 and was only 49 at the time, then she's a thief.

    She should be in the 1900 , 1910, 1920, and 1930 census records. While I have occasionally been unable to find someone in one census year, I have never been unable to find someone in four consecutive censuses.
    But apparently they took the word of a French woman and Japanese man yet the American woman is the only mention of age verification.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But apparently they took the word of a French woman and Japanese man yet the American woman is the only mention of age verification.
    Apparently, not.


    Baptism record: In the year 1875, on the twenty-third of February, I, the undersigned curate [Berlioz] have baptized Jeanne Louise Calment, born on the twenty-first of February, daughter of Nicolas Calment, ship's carpenter, and Marguerite Gilles, wedded before God. The godfather has been Pierre Gille Paget and the godmother Jeanne Gilles, who have co-signed the present certificate with me.


    In 1876, Jeanne Calment is counted in the western canton, section j, in Arles. She is one year old and lives with: Nicolas Calment (39 years old, born in Arles, carpenter, householder), Marguerite Gilles (38 years old, born in Arles, his spouse), and François Calment, 11 years old, their son. Jeanne Calment is mentioned as their daughter. [House 131, Household 155, Individuals 486, 487, 488, 489].

    In 1881, Jeanne Calment is counted in the western canton, section j, in Arles. She is 6

    years old and lives with: Nicolas Calment, 44 years old, builder, householder, Marguerite Gilles, 4X (may be 43, difficult to read) years old, his spouse, and François Calment, 16 years old, child. Jeanne Calment is mentioned as child.

    In 1886, Jeanne Calment is counted with her family again. She is 11 years old and lives with: her father, Nicolas Calment, 48 years old(1), builder, householder, Marguerite Gilles, 48 years old, having no trade or profession, his spouse. Jeanne Calment is mentioned as child.

    Marriage record: On the eighth of April, 1896, Fernand Nicolas Calment, merchant, born in Arles on the second of November, 1868, aged 27, son of the late Jacques Calment and Marie Felix, has married Jeanne Louise Calment, born on the twenty-first of February, 1875, aged 21, daughter of Nicolas Calment, landowner, and Marguerite Gilles. [Marriage Record;Arles1896:37].

    4) Birth of Jeanne Louise Calment's daughter in 1898

    Birth record: On the twentieth of January, 1898, Fernand Nicolas Calment, aged 29, merchant, declares that his wife Jeanne Louise Calment, aged 22, has given birth to a girl, Yvonne Marie Nicolle Calment, born on the nineteenth of January, 1898. The Calment/Calment family is then residing in Gambetta Street in Arles. [Birth Record;Arles1898:110].

    http://www.demogr.mpg.de/books/odense/6/09.htm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,142
    Certificates of baptism are never, and I do mean never, accepted as a form of authentication.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •