Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Most "Presidential" Presidents? 
    Banned
    Regardless of how you feel about their policies or presidency, which of our presidents do you feel came off as Presidential?That talked like a President, looked like one, had the charm, class, dignity or intelligence of a President, the good speaking skills and intellect of a good leader.

For me:
    FDR/Ronald Reagan (tied as being the most Presidential ever. Both the most charming, witty, fatherly and reassuring men in office whether you hate them or love them)
    John F. Kennedy
    Calvin Coolidge
    Thomas Jefferson
    Benjamin Harrison
    George Washington
    Theordore Roosevelt
    Richard Nixon
    Woodrow Wilson
    Grover Cleveland
    Ulysses S. Grant

The rest, regardless of my opinions on them, didn't come off exactly as I'd expect a President to be. I chose the Presidents from each century of our country's history whom I feel were the most Presidential of their era.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 03-27-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Banned
    Richard Nixon?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Richard Nixon?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpCWH...eature=related

He wrote this speech himself. Note unlike Obama no "uh"s every five minutes.

Richard Nixon?
    Just curious are you serious?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Just curious are you serious?
    Yes. He was a great orator, very commanding speaker, and wrote many of his speeches either totally or mostly by himself. Very strong intellect as well.

Banned
    Nixon was forced from office and hiis VP was a criminal.

I know CU has some insane theory as to how Nixon did nothing wrong but was instead chopped down by the rampant liberal hate machine. But still, you cant say a guy who resigned because he was about to be impeached was "presidential".

Banned
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb30L-NmKjo

Wilson was also a great speaker as well, very intelligent man, academic. Had the poise and charisma of a President. He also fervently believed in his causes, for which one can admire--Not his causes, but his passion.

Like I said, I prefer a President who doesn't says "uh", "uh", "um" every five minutes and has to read everything off a teleprompter or who bows down, literally, to other nation's leaders. I don't know why some find Obama presidential in his presentation of himself or his ideas.

But still, you cant say a guy who resigned because he was about to be impeached was "presidential".
    You are the one that said it Nikita.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You are the one that said it Nikita.
    I'm shocked you figured out the internet.

Banned
    Nixon was forced from office and hiis VP was a criminal.

I know CU has some insane theory as to how Nixon did nothing wrong but was instead chopped down by the rampant liberal hate machine. But still, you cant say a guy who resigned because he was about to be impeached was "presidential".
    For most of his Presidency--pretty much his entire first term--He was respected and supported by the majority of Americans. He was greatly popular until around the Spring/Summer 1973. It was better for the country (and of course for himself) that he resigned, as the business of government would've been standing still for 3, 4, 5 months of an impeachment trial, and this was a time when there were important matters like Vietnam and our relationship with the USSR and China, an economic downturn--were all at stake.

It's like judging Bill Clinton's entire Presidency by Monica Lewinsky, or Reagan's by Iran Contra, or Warren G. Harding by Teapot Dome. It's a small minded way of looking at things, IMO.