Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Within my own lifetime? Reagan, hands down. A witty, fatherly, 'happy warrior', whom I would not hesitate to have as a professor, boss, or in-law. The kind that would chide you for being a dumbass, but you'd still feel good about it. Four words still make me smile, "There you go again."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39dGQmBEww&

All around?

Real Presidents: T.R , Calvin Coolidge, Truman.

Fictional : the one from Independence Day. President Andrew Whitmore(?). . . All the hot of Kennedy, the 'happy warrior' of Reagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdB8gCMcXI

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Fictional : the one from Independence Day. President Andrew Whitmore(?). . . All the hot of Kennedy, the 'happy warrior' of Reagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUdB8gCMcXI

~QC

I'm sitting here try to picture what our current president would say were our nation and/or planet to face a kinetic military action conducted by immigrants from outer space.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I'm sitting here try to picture what our current president would say were our nation and/or planet to face a kinetic military action conducted by immigrants from outer space.
    Don't know, I think we'd be obliterated by that point. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    the dumbass would be cowering under the desk in the Oval Office shortly after the helicopters got blown up and end up being blown up by the City-ship that destroyed DC....then the human race would end up enslaved/extinct because Will Smith and Jeff Goldbloom wouldn't be able to infect the aliens computers with a virus and a nuke it

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Nixon was forced from office and hiis VP was a criminal.

I know CU has some insane theory as to how Nixon did nothing wrong but was instead chopped down by the rampant liberal hate machine. But still, you cant say a guy who resigned because he was about to be impeached was "presidential".
    Nixon were president today with the antics of the last few DIMoRATS in the office, his "crimes" would have been akin to stealing candy from the penny jar as a child. Today's DIMoRATS are criminal in the open. If conservatives controlled the large media the way liberals do, there would never be a DIMoRAT elected to national office within a few years.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I'm surprised Ike isn't on your list.

If we define being "presidential" as exuding leadership, that is, looking like you're in command and confident, then the gold standard would have to be George Washington. After that, Reagan is second. Then, it's Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, JFK, Lincoln, Jefferson, Madison, Eisenhower, Cleveland and Garfield.

The least presidential is Obama, followed by Clinton and then Carter.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If we define being "presidential" as exuding leadership, that is, looking like you're in command and confident, then the gold standard would have to be George Washington. After that, Reagan is second. Then, it's Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, JFK, Lincoln, Jefferson, Madison, Eisenhower, Cleveland and Garfield.

The least presidential is Obama, followed by Clinton and then Carter.
    my only quibble with your list is Garfield....he was only in office for 6 months before dying and spent 3 of those on his death bed.

I would say that Chester Arthur really stood up and put the Stalwart's in their place after he became Pres and stayed his own man

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    my only quibble with your list is Garfield....he was only in office for 6 months before dying and spent 3 of those on his death bed.

I would say that Chester Arthur really stood up and put the Stalwart's in their place after he became Pres and stayed his own man
    Agreed. My bad. I actually meant Arthur.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Nixon was forced from office and hiis VP was a criminal.

I know CU has some insane theory as to how Nixon did nothing wrong but was instead chopped down by the rampant liberal hate machine. But still, you cant say a guy who resigned because he was about to be impeached was "presidential".
    And your thoughts on Clinton would be...
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.