Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Brackets while Japan suffers 
    Banned
    This is a little late, but it and some other things I will mention are key points as to why I'm against Obama. I was watching him on ESPN filling out an NCAA bracket--this was at the very peak of the Japan tragedy. It seemed to me to be a bit tasteless--Even if Japan isn't our problem, it feels kind of insulting to all those who were suffering, without electricity, without clean water, without homes or assured safety--to be on TV casually and jokingly filling out his choices for the NCAA line up.

And he also, as always, went golfing. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't know of any other President who would daudle in a moment of international tragedy. Even if his engagement to be on ESPN was pre-arranged, he could've easily cancelled given the circumstances and it probably would've been understood.

I just don't get his foreign policy. From the apology tour, to bowing to foreign leaders, to going on shows like Letterman and the whole "retarded" gaffe, to filling out NCAA brackets on TV, to going on all these various TV shows, it just seems kind of undignified for a President; It lowers the office, IMO.

The the bowing especially is bad as it metaphorically lowers America's own standing in the world to that of being beneath other nations, since Obama as President represents America to rest of the world. Publicly canning the idea of American exceptionalism to say that Greece is just as exceptional as America was also, at the very least, a major faux pas in my view. I don't know of any other President who has done so much to lower the dignity of the office at home and the status of the nation abroad.

I don't recall any former President apologizing for America and bashing America abroad. That's not to say that at home we can't agree that America has made mistakes in the past, we have, but when you're on the world stage, you need to present a strong, unified front, even if that isn't truly the case domestically.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 03-27-2011 at 01:04 PM.

You forgot him kicking around a soccer ball in Brazil too.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    To me that wasn't as big a deal, to be honest. He was playing with Brazilian kids and I don't know, it seemed a nice move. I'll make an exception in that case.

I must also admit I'm biased--I love Latin America, especially Brazil, and would love to visit there. I used to play soccer as well as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    To me that wasn't as big a deal, to be honest. He was playing with Brazilian kids and I don't know, it seemed a nice move. I'll make an exception in that case.

I must also admit I'm biased--I love Latin America, especially Brazil, and would love to visit there. I used to play soccer as well as a kid.
    Their leader is a communist.
    http://www.ruthfullyyours.com/2010/1...unist-country/
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 03-27-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    And talking to young skulls full of mush on Chatroulette.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTF4bk268LM

Link
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    And talking to young skulls full of mush on Chatroulette.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTF4bk268LM

Link
    This is really scary. :eek:

To think that he is the "leader" of our country is mind-boggling.

He probably doesn't have a clue as to what to do with all the multiple catastrophes piling up, one after another. He has a 2nd rate staff to assist him. Let's just pray that we survive til 2012 and get him out of office.

W in his worst bumbles never looked as inane as O.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    W in his worst bumbles never looked as inane as O.
    QFT.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The One is completely detached and seems be lacking empathy for anything, whether Japan or our own problems here at home. It could be that he's so filled with narcissism that there isn't room for anything else.

I've never seen a president who appears so totally disconnected from reality, not to mention being so clueless how to act. He and his crew have been in office over 2 yrs now. I can appreciate there being a learning curve, but they've learned nothing.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

He wasn't on Chatroulette.

Is you teh crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    He wasn't on Chatroulette.

Is you teh crazy?
    Duh. Did you read the DC piece? The Chatroulette thing was satire, but this is real:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4tapwTp9J8

Real propaganda and a questionable use of the POTUS' time given all the shit that's going on. That's the point, JB.