Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I'm sorry i'm a ltitle slow tonight could you explain how that is ironic?
    well i don't know about that
    Apparently, you don't know much about anything tonight, but, as we ask on Passover, "Why is this night different from any other night?"
    right, it's a shame that this sort of violent rape culture of misogyny is prevalent in many places in our society and around the world
    Like I said, desperate and pathetic attempt at moral equivalence.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

right, it's a shame that this sort of violent rape culture of misogyny is prevalent in many places in our society and around the world
    Just. Shut. Up.

Turn your penis in to the nearest person with a CCW and just shut up.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Banned
    I'll never understand why some people have such a hatred for our military. Have they committed wrongs in the past? Yeah, SOME deranged military people did stupid shit years ago, and you always have one nutcase in every large group. But the whole anti-military sentiment is disgusting because most of the people in the military are usually kids who are just doing a job.

Part of that job, a large part of it, is protecting the nation from it's enemies abroad. They work hard, get wounded and sometimes even die as a part of this job. They already bear the brunt of our enemies' hate; we should show them respect at least, even if you don't agree with the government's cause for war.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    There were 3,158 total reports of sexual assault made to the DoD in 2010. That is down from 3,230 sexual assaults reported in 2009.

Is that widespread? You tell me.

Source: www.sapr.mil

That's a 12MB pdf file so open at your own discretion.
    The only way to determine whether it is widespread is to compare civilian and miltary rates of rape. According to Answers.com, the armed forces actually have a lower rate of rape than the comparable civilian population:

To place military rape rates in context, it is valuable to compare them with civilian rates. Comparisons of the crime rates of civilian and military populations during peacetime periods in 1986Ė92 reveal that contemporary peacetime rates of rape by American military personnel are actually lower (controlling for age and gender) than civilian rates.
    Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/rape-by...#ixzz1I02K34xE
    Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    I'll never understand why some people have such a hatred for our military. Have they committed wrongs in the past? Yeah, SOME deranged military people did stupid shit years ago, and you always have one nutcase in every large group. But the whole anti-military sentiment is disgusting because most of the people in the military are usually kids who are just doing a job.

Part of that job, a large part of it, is protecting the nation from it's enemies abroad. They work hard, get wounded and sometimes even die as a part of this job. They already bear the brunt of our enemies' hate; we should show them respect at least, even if you don't agree with the government's cause for war.
    Wei and other Marxists have no problem with war. They love the idea of violent revolution. Their problem with our military is that it is our military, i.e., a counter-revolutionary force. We stand in the way of his fellow travelers, and so he and his ilk have to do whatever he can to diminish our standing in the eyes of our nation.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I have yet to figure out what DOD statistics about rape within the US military has to do with what Mubarak's people performing "virginity checks" on women arrested for protesting the brutality of Mubarak's government.

Not only that, the article mentions a lot of other outrages, like the torture and rape of those women while in custody.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I have yet to figure out what DOD statistics about rape within the US military has to do with what Mubarak's people performing "virginity checks" on women arrested for protesting the brutality of Mubarak's government.

Not only that, the article mentions a lot of other outrages, like the torture and rape of those women while in custody.
    Cause WWW wants to distract from any acknowledgment or evidence that the left's precious religion of peace is anything but. (Again not all Muslims are terrorists, et al) If our precious military is having problems with sexual assault, then we just cannot say anything about Muslim cultures issues with it. Despite the fact that there are not a whole lot of people saying the problems occurring in the ranks are acceptable, while many loud voices in the Muslim world are saying their actions are ok, either blatantly or by not doing anything to change them.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Every minute that we spend defending the US military is a minute that isn't spent highlighting the abuses of Islamic lunatics. It's a distraction, and let's not forget that Wei also loathes the US military and never wastes an opportunity to slander us, so it's a twofer for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Cause WWW wants to distract from any acknowledgment or evidence that the left's precious religion of peace is anything but. (Again not all Muslims are terrorists, et al) If our precious military is having problems with sexual assault, then we just cannot say anything about Muslim cultures issues with it. Despite the fact that there are not a whole lot of people saying the problems occurring in the ranks are acceptable, while many loud voices in the Muslim world are saying their actions are ok, either blatantly or by not doing anything to change them.
    Target!
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post

The fact that our military is able to present those statistics proves that at least the US military deems these acts bad enough to prosecute.

I'm one of those people who will defend my muslim neighbors and coworkers because they are americans, but I am not blind to the treatment of women in the muslim world. Wei has to attack the US because he knows deep down that there is no defense of this type of treatment of women in any modern society, and he knows how widespread it is in places like Egypt. Or Iran. Or Ethiopia/Sudan/Saudia Arabia/Libya/pretty much every country in the Middle East or Northern Africa that isn't Israel or currently occupied by US troops.

Sonnabend
    Nothing.