Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Wei: How many Americans starved to death during the Depression? 
    And, here we go again. Wei has a nasty habit of making a claim and then disappearing when he's call on it. When he asked how many people in the US starved to death during the Great Depression, I found the only hard numbers in one city, then extrapolated that number to the entire population. Not perfect, but better than nothing, and at least defensible. Wei would have none of it and keeps claiming that some ungodly high number of Americans died of starvation, but keeps avoiding providing a hard number. Here's the last post on the subject. Wei's answer would follow if he'd given one, but as always, he just disappeared, rather than answer. So, here's the question, in bold text. Try to come up with a real number, Wei, because we all know how many people died in famines in communist nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    If you count the number of people executed in the United States, the number of people who died from starvation, the number of people killed in violent crime and the number of people killed in wars of aggression, then America has a far higher death toll.
    Okay, let's have some hard numbers. How many people have starved in the United States? I based my estimate on actual reported data from the Depression. What's your source, and what is your estimate? And how many have been executed for purely political crimes (the number one cause of death in the Soviet Union). Again, cite your source. As for violent crime, the function of government is to protect people from it, not to perpetuate it. But, let's have your numbers and make the comparison. And you'd better have some sources.

Of course the Red Army sure did know how to send millions of men to their deaths...
    With the exception of the PLA, they have the highest body count in history. Communism has murdered more people than any other movement in history.
    Don't make me take this to the Dome, Wei.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

The big Cheese
    a lot
    Wow you are even more pathetic than before.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

There is a number estimated at around 7 million people dying from famine, starvation, disease,ungodly working conditions for those who had some employment, and other issues related to the depression.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/ameri...5255-famine-1/
    The researcher, Boris Borisov, in his article titled “The American Famine” estimated the victims of the financial crisis in the US at over seven million people

In the article, Borisov used the official data of the US Census Bureau. Having revised the number of the US population, birth and date rates, immigration and emigration, the researcher came to conclusion that the United States lost over seven million people during the famine of 1932-1933.
    0Share

* Print version
    * + - Font Size
    * Send to friend

“According to the US statistics, the US lost not less than 8 million 553 thousand people from 1931 to 1940. Afterwards, population growth indices change twice instantly exactly between 1930-1931: the indices drop and stay on the same level for ten years. There can no explanation to this phenomenon found in the extensive text of the report by the US Department of Commerce “Statistical Abstract of the United States,” the author wrote.

The researcher points out the movement of population at this point: “A lot more people left the country than arrived during the 1930s – the difference is estimated at 93,309 people, whereas 2.960,782 people arrived in the country a decade earlier. Well, let’s correct the number of total demographic losses in the USA during the 1930s by 3,054 people.”

“In 1940, the US population was supposed to make up at least 141.856 million people upon the preservation of previous demographic trends. As a matter of fact, the USA had the 131.409-strong population in 1940, of which only 3.054 million can be explained with changes in migration dynamics. Thus, 7.394,000 people simply do not exist as of 1940. There are no official arguments to explain the phenomenon,” Boris Borisov wrote.
    There has been some controversy conscerning this guy and his paper but I haven't read it myself, I've only seen it referenced so idk the details.

There you go, here's a number and you have whatever number you admitted pulling out of your ass. Now you have two numbers you can grunt and spit about have fun big boy
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

There is a number estimated at around 7 million people dying from famine, starvation, disease,ungodly working conditions for those who had some employment, and other issues related to the depression.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/ameri...5255-famine-1/

There has been some controversy conscerning this guy and his paper but I haven't read it myself, I've only seen it referenced so idk the details.

There you go, here's a number and you have whatever number you admitted pulling out of your ass. Now you have two numbers you can grunt and spit about have fun big boy
    Pravda?

Fucking REALLY?

rm -rf obama*

Well shit, if you can't trust pravda who can you trust!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Well shit, if you can't trust pravda who can you trust!
    What else would we expect from that America hating little pissant commie?

rm -rf obama*

*the sound of a few dozen pants all getting shat in at once*

*the sound of a few dozen pants all getting shat in at once*
    Not quite commie shitstain.

Once I saw your "source", I didn't even bother reading another word.

You're pretty useless, ya know?

rm -rf obama*

welp looks like imgetting banned again for saying words that hurt too bad well it was fun