Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Life ainít easy for an anti-war liberal :D 
    Anti-war left has trouble convincing Obama followers to protest Libya involvement
    By Jeff Winkler 3:54 PM 03/28/2011

Life ainít easy for an anti-war liberal.

President Barack Obama launched air attacks against Libya eight years to the day George Bush sent bombs over Baghdad. Back in 2003, the lefty site MoveOn.org ďflexed [its muscle with] Ďvirtual marches,í in which tens of thousands of protesters jammed Senate and White House phones, fax machines and e-mail boxes with antiwar messages.Ē Originally founded to encourage the public to ďmove onĒ from Bill Clintonís sexual escapades, MoveOn.org repositioned itself as a heavyweight in the early 2000s anti-war movement.

This time around? A little less than a week after the attack, MoveOn.org has articles bashing ďOut-of-Control Republicans in Wisconsin,Ē but hardly a mention of the bombing in Libya. Well, there is a post noting that John McCain called Muammar Gaddafi an ďinteresting manĒ on Twitter two years ago. So much for moving on.

After Obama addresses the nation tonight about the governmentís recent intervention in Libya, perhaps the left can coalesce around a message. Itís hard enough when the administration wonít call the action a ďwar,Ē but anti-war groups with a traditionally liberal bent are having a tough time rallying those who so adamantly opposed Republican President Bushís war.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/28/an...#ixzz1HwaPX6DK

Heh...Ha...HAHAHAHAHA...BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

However, if Obama read like this: President Barack Obama(R-Ill.), you can bet you ass they'd get a protest together before you could say Jack Robinson.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    However, if Obama read like this: President Barack Obama(R-Ill.), you can bet you ass they'd get a protest together before you could say Jack Robinson.
    oh god, don't give me nightmares :mad::mad:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Bush actually knows how to fly a jet airplane. Obama would pee and shit all over himself in a 360 roll. I doubt if you could strap him in one but maybe a couple of snorts of coke and a marlboro might do the trick.

Didn't I tell everybody for years that people will protest a Democrat doing it too? Didn't I say it? Yes I did.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Didn't I tell everybody for years that people will protest a Democrat doing it too? Didn't I say it? Yes I did.
    yawn.

where the fuck is cindy sheman when we need her.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    yawn.

where the fuck is cindy sheman when we need her.
    You hate that I was proven right on something.

I remember years ago people claiming people were against war because they were Democrat. I kept saying they'll be against it when it is a Democrat. Nobody listened to me. I could never be right about the anti-war people even if I was around them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    And, as the article shows, you were wrong.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And, as the article shows, you were wrong.
    Yep, no thousands protesting in the street to impeach Obama. Only a few quacks in the Democratic party and loons like Farrakhan and Kucinich that are raising a fuss.