Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    This sounds too dangerous for me to be around when I've been drinking.

I would imagine that at some point, nitrous oxide is produced in the process. I wouldn't necessarily consider that a bad thing in and of itself, as long as no one has an open flame around it. But it isn't contained, like it is in a balloon, can or tank.

If a little LN coated the cubes, it would just sublimate in a few seconds. Cool effect and slightly clouded glassware. Your frozen gin cubes would not turn into some kind of lethal frozen weapon. Once they were out of the LN environment, they would instantly work at becoming the ambient temperature and that happens very fast. If a cube hit your tongue, nothing would happen since the cube and your tongue are nicely warm and wet (comparatively). From a physics point of view, there's a huge difference between a gin ice cube and a frozen metal stop sign. ;)

Feel free to make awesome party drinks - you'd be in more danger driving to the party than you would be playing around with gin ice cubes. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If a little LN coated the cubes, it would just sublimate in a few seconds. Cool effect and slightly clouded glassware. Your frozen gin cubes would not turn into some kind of lethal frozen weapon. Once they were out of the LN environment, they would instantly work at becoming the ambient temperature and that happens very fast. If a cube hit your tongue, nothing would happen since the cube and your tongue are nicely warm and wet (comparatively). From a physics point of view, there's a huge difference between a gin ice cube and a frozen metal stop sign. ;)

Feel free to make awesome party drinks - you'd be in more danger driving to the party than you would be playing around with gin ice cubes. :)
    Yeah, they also did frozen tequila shots. Froze Herdura tequila and a splash of lime in the liquid nitrogen. Popped the whole frozen "cube" in their mouth.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I think that show is Quantum Kitchen...
    ahhh I saw a commercial for this show and I was wonderingv what sort of stuff they would be doing on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    This deserves extensive research on my part. Thanks, BC.
    If it helps, that fag from "Chopped" was on the show...I don't know his name.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Yeah, they also did frozen tequila shots. Froze Herdura tequila and a splash of lime in the liquid nitrogen. Popped the whole frozen "cube" in their mouth.
    Trust me, anybody who has access to LN plays with it (at least in lab environments). Movies and TV have made it seem like a cup of LN will instantly flash-freeze a human or an ordinary living room set. Not so.

Like most things, dose is everything. 2500 gallons of LN is one thing, flinging around a half a cup is something else. :D

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    If it helps, that fag from "Chopped" was on the show...I don't know his name.
    Thanks, man.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

You can be a real buzz-kill, ya know that? :mad:
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    I saw it. and i got the impression that it didn't necessarily mean good taste...just creative presentation.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    There is a reason that only 5% of cooks use LN in cooking, it's a pain in the fucking ass and you don't get a lot of food