Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Racial remarks spark reprimand of Nevada official 
    PAHRUMP, Nev. — Commissioners in central Nevada's Nye County have voted unanimously to reprimand the county assessor, after she sent emails to the sheriff questioning the citizenship of workers building a new county jail
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42289646/ns/us_news-life/

The article does not even touch on the stupid stuff this lady said.

She went so far to say that "brown people" cause Autism in children because they can't read the label of cleaning products.

She claims to be a victum of crimes in San Diego, yet no police reports can be found or have been presented...

Not only did she accuse hard working individuals of being illegal, she accused three local businesses of hiring illegals. I doubt a public safety project like a new jail can be built by employees that have not been fully checked out...she drug her staff into her comments, saying they were scared of their safety due to the brown skinned workers...

You can google the Pahrump Valley Times to read the emails she sent out using the county seal.

WTF. Someone needs to shut this idiot up. *sigh*
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42289646/ns/us_news-life/

The article does not even touch on the stupid stuff this lady said.

She went so far to say that "brown people" cause Autism in children because they can't read the label of cleaning products.

She claims to be a victum of crimes in San Diego, yet no police reports can be found or have been presented...

Not only did she accuse hard working individuals of being illegal, she accused three local businesses of hiring illegals. I doubt a public safety project like a new jail can be built by employees that have not been fully checked out...she drug her staff into her comments, saying they were scared of their safety due to the brown skinned workers...

You can google the Pahrump Valley Times to read the emails she sent out using the county seal.
    why don't you post the link to the emails. Additionally, this is msnbc. I have a sneaking suspicion that there is a political agenda at work here and i don't even know or care what the political afiliation of this woman is. IN the article linked, there is hardly a thing that she has done other than what i would expect from an elected or appointed official. If you got something worse, post it.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    what did she say that was idiotic. Admittedly i didn't do a search for the emails. And why can't these alleged emails be pranked?

Seems to me this is a very disjointed report.

I don't see where any effort was made to see if these workers were citizens, maybe she is right. All they say is she said they weren't citizens and couldn't speak English.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

http://pvtimes.com/news/breaking-cou...rimand-matson/ This is about all i found and i hardly think it worthy of msnbc, even if they are one of the lesser extensions of the democrat party. So the woman questions workers on a city project. that's illegal HOW? Looks like she might be the only one doing the job that the others refuse to do. Is she republican?? or something? Seems to me this is more local office politics.

Fabulous Poster
    Publix is building a new store on US19, and I'll guarantee you there are illegals on that job. I'll try to get some video so y'all can judge for yourselves.

New accusations of racism leveled at Pahrump tax assessor
    An elected Nye County official faces accusations of racism after questioning whether construction workers building a new jail in Pahrump are legally eligible to work in the United States.

In an e-mail sent Friday to Nye County Sheriff Tony DeMeo and County Manager Richard L. Osborne, tax assessor Shirley Matson asked whether the county had verified the workers' citizenship.

"My staff, me, taxpayers coming to our offices, other town and county employees can plainly see that the construction workers are all Mexican/Latino, non-English speaking and I'm getting complaints," wrote Matson.

Osborne didn't respond, but DeMeo said he was "sickened" by the e-mail and fired back in e-mails Monday and in person Wednesday.

"That's what we call racial profiling," said DeMeo, adding that he has no legal reason to investigate the workers' status.

NOT MATSON'S FIRST SUCH E-MAIL

Matson, 61, moved to Pahrump from San Diego in 2007 and was elected county assessor in November. She has described herself as a conservative Republican who has attended Tea Party events.

Her Friday e-mail was tame compared to one sent on her private account in October, before her election. In that widely circulated e-mail, which resurfaced this week, she described illegal immigrants as "dirty filthy Mexican/Latino illegals."

In another e-mail in the fall, Matson railed against federal law that gives citizenship to anyone born in the United States, writing, "These young girls will spread their legs to anyone to get an anchor baby growing in their bellies so they can illegally cross the border and suck up the U.S. citizen tax base resource everywhere they go in the U.S."

In yet another e-mail she wrote that illegal immigrants "are like locust crossing our great country destroying everything in sight."

Matson stands by those statements. She said her e-mail last week was sent out of concern for the safety of her staff, though she acknowledged there have been no incidents to support that concern.

On Wednesday the sheriff said Matson's comments were "blatantly racist" and were intended to "inspire hatred and divide communities."

"You don't have to be an American citizen to work in America," DeMeo wrote Monday in response to Matson.

ELECTED OFFICIALS ANSWER TO VOTERS

DeMeo made it clear he finds Maston's comments repugnant but said her future is in the hands of voters. The assessor is less than three months into a four-year term and can only be removed from office if convicted of a crime or recalled by the electorate.

While offensive to many, her speech is protected and there is no known movement toward a recall election.

However, the Pahrump Valley Times, like the Review-Journal a Stephens Media newspaper, declared Matson "neither fit for office nor a trustworthy servant of the public good" and demanded her resignation in a front-page editorial Wednesday.

"My response to the Pahrump Valley Times' editorial board is this: I demand Tony DeMeo resign immediately," said Matson, who insists she is not a racist. "I'm not going anywhere."

Matson called the editorial and news stories a "hit piece" orchestrated by DeMeo. She said the sheriff has a vendetta against her over past skirmishes in the immigration debate.

The sheriff, she said, favors designating Pahrump a sanctuary city where local officials refuse to assist in enforcement of immigration laws.

"That would be untrue," said DeMeo, who acknowledged there is bad blood between him and Matson over an unrelated disagreement about a band playing in a public park, but said the two of them have never discussed illegal immigration.

"I'm not in favor of making Pahrump a sanctuary city," he said. "I'm in favor of supporting the Constitution. People (like Matson) want to wrap themselves in the flag but they don't think the law should apply to anyone but them."
    http://www.lvrj.com/news/new-accusat...118155369.html

She could choose her words more carefully.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    This is the tactic over at DU- start screaming "racist" and never get around to answering the question of whether these workers are legal or not.

I for one, am getting a bit tired of this PC game of pretending that the average person, of which I am one, is too stupid and racist to know when someone is more likely to be an illegal alien than someone else.

So you have to have a photo ID card to work in the DMV but you don't have to prove who you are to build the DMV? Fuck that.

I had to show an ID to get into the Florida Dept of Agriculture building. The fucking illegal aliens can damned well be asked for ID on the job.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    "That's what we call racial profiling," said DeMeo, adding that he has no legal reason to investigate the workers' status.

Clearly the sheriff is an idiot or has a political agenda. It is not racial profiling. Racial profiling is selective enforcement. American citizens and legal resident aliens cannot be deported for illegal immigration, because they are not illegal. There is no selective enforcement when you can only enforce against those persons who are here illegal. Asking them for ID might hurt their feelings, but it's not racial profiling.