Thread: Should Clinton have resigned?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    That's what the country really needed, some good old fashioned nuclear holocaust to bring everyone together.
    yeah...cuz thats what happens when Tactical nukes are used....dumbass
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    That's what the country really needed, some good old fashioned nuclear holocaust to bring everyone together.
    Hey, it almost worked for your namesake. In fact, he and his former boss were more than happy to proliferate nukes, when the US offered to unilaterally dismantle ours after WWII.

    But, I forget that your world, the only justifiable weapons are those aimed at America, not by America.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    There was a completely different set of circumstances in the Second World War. Even then it was horrific.

    Of course you'd rather go after the screen name (which you still dont understand) or mention your gung-ho fascination with nuclear warfare than actually attack the point I made in my post. Its fairly typical Odysseus, if he cant find some right-wing source to copy and paste he cant make an argument.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,143
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    There was a completely different set of circumstances in the Second World War. Even then it was horrific.

    Of course you'd rather go after the screen name (which you still dont understand) or mention your gung-ho fascination with nuclear warfare than actually attack the point I made in my post. Its fairly typical Odysseus, if he cant find some right-wing source to copy and paste he cant make an argument.
    you think you are the only one who has heard of the episode with Khrushchev beating his shoe on the table.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    you think you are the only one who has heard of the episode with Khrushchev beating his shoe on the table.
    The screename not named after Nikita Khrushchev, its named after his shoe. KhrushchevsSHOE. Cant have apostrophes in a screename but I figure anyone who's been speaking English for more than 10 years can generally figure out that the 's' after Khrushchev is possessive and not plural.

    I expect you to basically say the same exact thing you've been saying for months. You're incredibly stupid, and very difficult to communicate with.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,143
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    The screename not named after Nikita Khrushchev, its named after his shoe. KhrushchevsSHOE. Cant have apostrophes in a screename but I figure anyone who's been speaking English for more than 10 years can generally figure out that the 's' after Khrushchev is possessive and not plural.

    I expect you to basically say the same exact thing you've been saying for months. You're incredibly stupid, and very difficult to communicate with.
    And you have a week off to learn some manners!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    And you have a week off to learn some manners!
    HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHA


    +10 :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    There was a completely different set of circumstances in the Second World War. Even then it was horrific.
    War is horrific. The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved over a million American lives, not to mention the millions of Japanese who would have died in the invasion. A tactical strike in North Vietnam would have saved hundreds of thousands of South Vietnamese who died at the hands of the North after the war ended, not to mention the thousands of Americans and Vietnamese (North and South) who died between the time that the decision not to drop the bomb was made and the final US pullout. It's a dark calculus, but the fact is anything that shortens a war saves lives. Pretending to fight, using half-measures and bowing to the tender sensibilities of people who are already on the other side of the conflict does nothing but prolong the conflict.

    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Of course you'd rather go after the screen name (which you still dont understand) or mention your gung-ho fascination with nuclear warfare than actually attack the point I made in my post.
    We all know about Krushchev banging his shoe at the UN and announcing that communism would bury us. We get it. If you have another meaning in mind, then it it's obscure. I went after your name because it's hypocritical for you to name yourself after someone whose nation forced us to arm to the teeth when we would have been perfectly happy to go back to our own business and lament our military posture. Besides, you clearly don't get my screen name. Odysseus wasn't a gung ho killer, but a reluctant warrior who was forced to leave his family and home because of his duty. When the time came, however, he used everything at his disposal to win, because he knew that defeat would be unacceptable. If you think that I would casually drop nuclear weapons on every enemy of the US, you're wrong. But when the time comes to fight a war, my "fascination" is wth ending it as quickly as possible on the best possible terms for America. Nothing is off the table, and that includes our most powerful weapons. As I said above, using half-measures and bowing to the people who have no interest in victory prolongs conflict, and if you have the means to win quickly and fail to use it, then you are wasting the lives of the people who trust you to lead them and of all of the people involved in the conflict. That is the true atrocity in war. The sudden shock of overwhelming force is preferable to a slow bleed.

    Quote Originally Posted by KhrushchevsShoe View Post
    Its fairly typical Odysseus, if he cant find some right-wing source to copy and paste he cant make an argument.
    Really sucks when I find right wing sources to refute the arguments of leftists, like the CDC, for example (my source for the number of people who didn't starve in the Great Depression in another thread), when you can't find any source to back up your arguments, beyond your childish fears and ignorance. For example, the smallest-yield tactical nukes are actually less destructive than some conventional munitions, but are more compact, and therefore can be more easily and accurately deployed. A B-52 can carry a payload of 70,000 lbs of ordnance, of 35 kilotons. The smallest tactical nukes have selectable yields equivalent to 10 kilotons, but because they are far smaller and lighter, they can be deployed far more accurately, and cause far less collateral damage, even if radiation is taken into account.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    And you have a week off to learn some manners!
    Leftists are ill-mannered by nature, but I don't think that he crossed any lines here. What am I missing?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Leftists are ill-mannered by nature, but I don't think that he crossed any lines here. What am I missing?
    He basically insulted the guy for no reason, saying he was "incredibly stupid." That's just rude, especially coming from someone who'd want to be named for the shoe of a Communist dictator.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •