Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 U.S. Army Threatens to Court-Martial Chaplains Who Speak Against Homosexuality 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    The U.S. Army has officially threatened military chaplains they must either embrace the new openly homosexual military, resign from service, or face court-martial for their "religious, conscience" objections.

The Pray In Jesus Name Project has obtained leaked copies (unintended for media disclosure) of a private briefing given to chaplains, threatening them with court-martial unless they compromise their Christian message. Christian Chaplains who speak out against homosexual sin can be accused of "harassment" by homosexuals and face disciplinary action simply for voicing their religious views outside the "context" of their religious ministry.
    .snip
    ARMY: "You remain obligated to follow orders that involve interaction with others who are homosexual even if an unwillingness to do so is based on strong, sincerely held moral or religious beliefs. As expressed in the Manual for Courts-Martial regarding a Soldier's obligation to obey orders: 'the dictates of a person's conscience, religion, or personal philosophy cannot justify or excuse the disobedience of an otherwise lawful order.'"

[Chaps' Interpretation: the phrase 'lawful order' will mean ANYTHING ANTI-CHRISTIAN COMMANDERS WISH and judges will back up the Commander, not the Chaplain. I know from personal experience, when a Navy Judge said my Navy Commander could punish me, a chaplain, for disobeying "lawful orders" because I was quote "worshiping in public."]

Bottom Line: Army Chaplains will now be punished at court-martial for "disobedience" of "lawful orders" if they dare to express their religious views about homsexual sin outside of Sunday chapel.

MILITARY CHAPLAINS FACE CHARGES OF "HATE SPEECH"

http://catholiccitizens.org/press/pressview.asp?c=52791

No wonder the Chief of Chaplains...MG Carver is retiring.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

This is where the Army has to be really clear with it's chaplains: is this a rule that says that they cannot speak against gays in their capacity as Army chaplains? I have no problem with that.

I don't think the Army has the right to tell them what to preach or counsel in civilian churches when they are on their own time and out of uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    This is where the Army has to be really clear with it's chaplains: is this a rule that says that they cannot speak against gays in their capacity as Army chaplains? I have no problem with that.

I don't think the Army has the right to tell them what to preach or counsel in civilian churches when they are on their own time and out of uniform.

The Army has no right to tell a Chaplain to do anything that goes against his beliefs.

I mean come on we bend over backwards to provide Imam's and appoint Chaplains to oversee and cater to Pagan's Witches etc yet a Christian Chaplain is told that he/she has to modify his or her faith?

That's bullshit.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    You'll probably see a lot of retirements due to this

eagleexpress
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    You'll probably see a lot of retirements due to this
    Just like the Clinton years put a Democrat as POTUS and the military seems to get smaller

Directly from the training we have been provided.

-Free exercise of religion and duty to care for all remains unchanged.

- In the context of their religious ministry, chaplains are not required to take actions inconsistent with their religious beliefs. Existing policy regarding chaplains' free exercise of religion and duty to care for all continues to apply.

- If a chaplain is unable to reconcile serving with or caring for gay, lesbian, and bisexual Service members with his or her faith, the chaplain may request that the relevant edorsing agency withdraw its ecclesiastical endorsement for him or her. This would trigger an administrative seperation under DoDI 1304.28, Guidance for the Appointment of Chaplains for the Military Departments.
    What to take from that? Nothing has changed. They are still required to provide care for ANYONE who needs it, just like before. If the Chaplain still cannot reconcile with that, then he can take steps to remove himself from the service. And Chaplains are really the only ones who have that option.
    Last edited by djones520; 03-30-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    The Army has no right to tell a Chaplain to do anything that goes against his beliefs.

I mean come on we bend over backwards to provide Imam's and appoint Chaplains to oversee and cater to Pagan's Witches etc yet a Christian Chaplain is told that he/she has to modify his or her faith?

That's bullshit.
    The military is deep into PC these days.Mullen and the rest of the JCS have been told either kiss the golden calf of PC's Ass or resign and retire.PC is so fair and tolerant to everyone except Christians and Jews !They're afraid of the Muslims rebelling so they treat them with great deference. The gays they give a free pass to because they have paid their way into the Obama PC club with political contributions .Repeal of DaDt was Obama paying off the queer lobby for all of their campaign loot!

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Directly from the training we have been provided.

What to take from that? Nothing has changed. They are still required to provide care for ANYONE who needs it, just like before. If the Chaplain still cannot reconcile with that, then he can take steps to remove himself from the service. And Chaplains are really the only ones who have that option.
    I don't have a problem with this policy. I find it hard to believe that a person of faith would be unable to care for a member of the services simply because that member is gay. I'm hard pressed to think of a reason why a chaplain in the armed services would feel a need to preach about homosexuality as part of his day to day dties. It would seem that there are a lot more important issues that members would need from a spiritual adviser, especially in these times of wars, than whether or not "God hates fags".

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The military is deep into PC these days.Mullen and the rest of the JCS have been told either kiss the golden calf of PC's Ass or resign and retire.PC is so fair and tolerant to everyone except Christians and Jews !They're afraid of the Muslims rebelling so they treat them with great deference. The gays they give a free pass to because they have paid their way into the Obama PC club with political contributions .Repeal of DaDt was Obama paying off the queer lobby for all of their campaign loot!
    This is like the Clinton years all over again.