Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I don't have a problem with this policy. I find it hard to believe that a person of faith would be unable to care for a member of the services simply because that member is gay. I'm hard pressed to think of a reason why a chaplain in the armed services would feel a need to preach about homosexuality as part of his day to day dties. It would seem that there are a lot more important issues that members would need from a spiritual adviser, especially in these times of wars, than whether or not "God hates fags".
    Kinda find it hard to believe you'd think that...considering in most religions I know of, homosexuality is considered a sin. Even Islam.

How is a military Chaplain supposed to spiritually advice someone about something that they themselves don't believe in and think is a sin? You're asking them to be hypocrites.

So what the Pentagon is telling these men and women of the cloth to do goes against the tenets of their faith.

Why are you ok with that?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Kinda find it hard to believe you'd think that...considering in most religions I know of, homosexuality is considered a sin. Even Islam.

How is a military Chaplain supposed to spiritually advice someone about something that they themselves don't believe in and think is a sin? You're asking them to be hypocrites.

So what the Pentagon is telling these men and women of the cloth to do goes against the tenets of their faith.

Why are you ok with that?
    The Pentagon is also offering them an out. As I said already, they are about the only ones who get that out.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The Pentagon is also offering them an out. As I said already, they are about the only ones who get that out.
    That will work until the first allegation against a Chaplain for allegedly expressing or counseling anti-gay sentiments hits the papers.

C'mon Jones...you've been doing this long enough to know how these regulations get used to either further an agenda or as a tool for revenge against a perfectly good service member.

And as you also know...all that needs to be made true or not is the allegation to ruin a career.

DADT guidelines won't be any different.

The only "out" Chaplains will take is the exit door to the service.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Fabulous Poster
    The Army has no right to tell a Chaplain to do anything that goes against his beliefs.

I mean come on we bend over backwards to provide Imam's and appoint Chaplains to oversee and cater to Pagan's Witches etc yet a Christian Chaplain is told that he/she has to modify his or her faith?

That's bullshit.
    Are those Imams allowed in their capacity as employees of the US Government and military officers in service to their country to speak freely as Islamic imams and to support terrorism and Islamic militancy in the world?

Some (being charitable) Moslems of the highest rank in their religion consider jihad and war on the west to be an article of faith. Are they allowed to rant and rail in a US Army pseudo-mosque as we see the ones in Iran doing on video?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    The military is deep into PC these days.Mullen and the rest of the JCS have been told either kiss the golden calf of PC's Ass or resign and retire.PC is so fair and tolerant to everyone except Christians and Jews !They're afraid of the Muslims rebelling so they treat them with great deference. The gays they give a free pass to because they have paid their way into the Obama PC club with political contributions .Repeal of DaDt was Obama paying off the queer lobby for all of their campaign loot!
    Load of crap. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. The military walks a fine line employing religious leaders and instructors as it is. It's done as a convenience not a necessity. The chaplains are there to make people feel better. They get paid for their service. If they want to preach hate and discontent, they can do it offbase like the megachurches outside the Air Force Academy.

Fabulous Poster

The only "out" Chaplains will take is the exit door to the service.
    People who can't work with others need to GTFO. No great loss. The longer one lives, the more one realizes that no one is irreplaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Are those Imams allowed in their capacity as employees of the US Government and military officers in service to their country to speak freely as Islamic imams and to support terrorism and Islamic militancy in the world?

Some (being charitable) Moslems of the highest rank in their religion consider jihad and war on the west to be an article of faith. Are they allowed to rant and rail in a US Army pseudo-mosque as we see the ones in Iran doing on video?
    I'd ask one. But I'd get written up for an EO complaint.

Or maybe we can ask the people that turned a blind eye to a Jihadi ranting doctor who's now on trial for killing 13 of his fellow soldiers.

You're asking me questions that I would get in serious trouble for even attempting to ask an Imam.

People who can't work with others need to GTFO. No great loss. The longer one lives, the more one realizes that no one is irreplaceable.
    Tell that to the people that counted on that Chaplain for spiritual guidance.

Load of crap. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. The military walks a fine line employing religious leaders and instructors as it is. It's done as a convenience not a necessity. The chaplains are there to make people feel better. They get paid for their service. If they want to preach hate and discontent, they can do it offbase like the megachurches outside the Air Force Academy.
    Thank you for putting your full and complete cluelessness...sprinkled with a touch of pure dumb ass on display.

You know more know or care about what services Chaplains provide to military members than I do about astrophysics.

Banned
    Thank you for putting your full and complete cluelessness...sprinkled with a touch of pure dumb ass on display.

You know more know or care about what services Chaplains provide to military members than I do about astrophysics.
    Fags do not belong in the military. Period. The overwhelming number of soldiers past (including yours truly) and present feel that way. Only dumb shits like Nova, Phillygirl and others that have never been in the military think that life and social structure is comparable to the private sector. Protestant Chaplains should be able to preach what is in the Bible and if that offends a queer, tough shit. Let the little pussies resign instead of a Chaplain. BTW, no one twist your arm to go to church. It is voluntary; not mandatory for the clueless.