Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Fags do not belong in the military. Period. The overwhelming number of soldiers past (including yours truly) and present feel that way. Only dumb shits like Nova, Phillygirl and others that have never been in the military think that life and social structure is comparable to the private sector. Protestant Chaplains should be able to preach what is in the Bible and if that offends a queer, tough shit. Let the little pussies resign instead of a Chaplain. BTW, no one twist your arm to go to church. It is voluntary; not mandatory for the clueless.
    Just another case of the minority on a group forcing their will on the majority.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Just another case of the minority on a group forcing their will on the majority.
    I went to church maybe once or twice in the 2 years I was in the service. Obama and his faggot friends are forcing this crap down the throats of the majority. A couple of these queer freaks will get together and tar and feather a Chaplin they do not like because he does not kiss their ass. Then the Chaplin gets booted because it is a case of less resistance opposed to the new special and privileged class. Stupidity knows no bounds when the unknowing like Nova and Phillygirl espouse their crap.

I went to church maybe once or twice in the 2 years I was in the service. Obama and his faggot friends are forcing this crap down the throats of the majority. A couple of these queer freaks will get together and tar and feather a Chaplin they do not like because he does not kiss their ass. Then the Chaplin gets booted because it is a case of less resistance opposed to the new special and privileged class. Stupidity knows no bounds when the unknowing like Nova and Phillygirl espouse their crap.
    Bingo.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Kinda find it hard to believe you'd think that...considering in most religions I know of, homosexuality is considered a sin. Even Islam.

How is a military Chaplain supposed to spiritually advice someone about something that they themselves don't believe in and think is a sin? You're asking them to be hypocrites.

So what the Pentagon is telling these men and women of the cloth to do goes against the tenets of their faith.

Why are you ok with that?
    No. I'm asking them not to preach against homosexuality while in the armed services. If the gay guy wants to be told that it's not a sin, then he should do that on his own time, with his own chaplain. The chaplain that has a problem with homosexuals being considered sinners should simply say, I can't help you with that.

The chaplain is not God and service members aren't entitled to have their every need met by their taxpayer provider spiritual guru.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    No. I'm asking them not to preach against homosexuality while in the armed services. If the gay guy wants to be told that it's not a sin, then he should do that on his own time, with his own chaplain. The chaplain that has a problem with homosexuals being considered sinners should simply say, I can't help you with that.

The chaplain is not God and service members aren't entitled to have their every need met by their taxpayer provider spiritual guru.
    You still do not get it. Military courts and civilian courts are miles and miles apart. I have seen soldiers lose their stripes because the company commander does not like them or they want to give it to another person. I had to take a friend to the stockade because he had 3 article 15 for missing bed check. The company commander's jeep driver had 3 or 4 and had taken the jeep off post without authorization plus got in a fight and pulled a knife. He got a slap on the wrist but no stockade time.

Military courts do not work like anything you could imagine. A Chaplin who preaches against homosexuality will get his ass canned because the military does not want the hassle of bad publicity that will ensue, and a top officer having to appear before a congressional hearing to listen to some anti-military pricks dress them down. The fags will have the upper hand.

You still do not get it. Military courts and civilian courts are miles and miles apart. I have seen soldiers lose their stripes because the company commander does not like them or they want to give it to another person. I had to take a friend to the stockade because he had 3 article 15 for missing bed check. The company commander's jeep driver had 3 or 4 and had taken the jeep off post without authorization plus got in a fight and pulled a knife. He got a slap on the wrist but no stockade time.

Military courts do not work like anything you could imagine. A Chaplin who preaches against homosexuality will get his ass canned because the military does not want the hassle of bad publicity that will ensue, and a top officer having to appear before a congressional hearing to listen to some anti-military pricks dress them down. The fags will have the upper hand.
    The fags will have the upper hand because Father Phelps can't preach that God hates fags while in military gear?

Ummm, okay.You have a really really good point. You are correct.

Banned
    The fags will have the upper hand because Father Phelps can't preach that God hates fags while in military gear?

God does not hate fags. Only stupid people like you can not tell the difference between God's teaching and a lunatic like Phelps.

It is not that I am so correct, you are so totally wrong because you do not know a thing about military life.

Fabulous Poster
    A Chaplin who preaches against homosexuality will get his ass canned because the military does not want the hassle of bad publicity that will ensue,......
    I can't imagine why a chaplain would preach against homosexuality. The heterosexuals aren't practicing or considering being gay, and the gay people aren't going to be straight because some BWAB say it's a sin.

In 52 years and attending three mainstream denominations I have never even heard the word "homosexual" in a sermon. How is it that these presumably nondenominational preachers can't manage to do their job without preaching bigotry?

Fabulous Poster

I can't help but think that his type of sentiment is indeed widely held. I also can't help think that it's a lot like when women entered into formerly male occupations like being a truck driver. It had to be a hit to the man who fancied himself some kind of diesel steel cowboy, heir to the macho and implied virility of the disappearing cowboy or pioneer, to see a woman pull the truck in the depot and back it perfectly (in case you didn't know this, women are master trailer backers) to the loading dock in pink sneakers and a Strawberry Shortcake t-shirt.

Well gee, if fags can be soldiers (in combat no less), and women can be pilots, and negroes take up most of the slots in the NFL and now GOLF, then isn't anything reserved for heterosexual white males?

Ice hockey, it's only a matter of time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I can't imagine why a chaplain would preach against homosexuality. The heterosexuals aren't practicing or considering being gay, and the gay people aren't going to be straight because some BWAB say it's a sin.

In 52 years and attending three mainstream denominations I have never even heard the word "homosexual" in a sermon. How is it that these presumably nondenominational preachers can't manage to do their job without preaching bigotry?
    You been going to wrong churches then cause I have. Homosexuality is a sin. You may not like it but stating that the written word is bigotry shows that either your lack of comprehension or your stupidity.