1. #1 Eritrea to U.N.: Shove it! 
    In a stinging rebuff to the United Nations and its anti-poverty efforts, Eritrea, one of the poorest countries in Africa, has told the world body that it wants out of its long-term development agreement because the U.N. makes the problem worse, not better.

The reason, given in a January 26 notification letter from the country’s powerful Finance Minister, obtained by Fox News, is that “aid only postpones the basic solutions to crucial development problems by tentatively ameliorating their manifestations without tackling their root causes. The structural, political, economic, etc. damage that it inflicts upon recipient countries is also enormous.” In other words, the government argues, U.N. aid does more harm than good.

Whether that critique, which echoes the complaints of many critics in wealthy donor countries, is the true reason behind the U.N.’s rejection is unclear. Fox News tried to contact the Eritrean finance ministry for further explanations, but was told that the finance minister, Berhane Abrehe, was “unavailable.”

For its part, a spokesman for the United Nations Development Program, which coordinates U.N. activities in the small but strategically placed nation, said that the U.N. and the government “are currently discussing what are the best possible arrangements for post June 2011, taking into consideration the government’s recently-articulated priorities. No decisions have been taken.”

The Eritrean rebuff is another blow for the United Nations in a desperately poor and strife-ridden area of East Africa where the world organization has been struggling to maintain its presence, effectiveness and credibility.
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03...est=latestnews

That made me smile.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    about damn time...Africa is a shit hole largely due to to European actions on the continent, going all the way back to Portugal starting the slave trade and leading all the way up to today with the UN. glad one of the countries finally has the balls to tell them to get the hell out

Fabulous Poster
    I always love it when Jean uses Eritrea to be the farthest point on Earth.

Jean to Lionel: " Could you close the window please?"

Lionel to Jean: "You might have asked while I was over there."

Jean to Lionel: "It's hardly Eritrea."

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Same here.

Now if the U.S. could just tell the U.N. the same thing.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.