Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,072
    Now that it's been posted twice, in the same day.
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=38451
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Now that it's been posted twice, in the same day.
    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=38451
    It's probably ancient porn. It will be everywhere before it's over.

    Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.... hold the whore while I get on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It's probably ancient porn. It will be everywhere before it's over.

    Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.... hold the whore while I get on.
    Or Henny Youngman's first book of one-liners.
    A Muslim terrorist was blowing up a camel...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Or Henny Youngman's first book of one-liners.
    A Muslim terrorist was blowing up a camel...
    Who knew they had inflatable camels?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    The Dead Sea Chick Tracts?
    Codices = a quire of manuscript pages held together by stitching: the earliest form of book, replacing the scrolls and wax tablets of earlier times.

    NOT

    Cotex = feminine hygiene product
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Codices = a quire of manuscript pages held together by stitching: the earliest form of book, replacing the scrolls and wax tablets of earlier times.

    NOT

    Cotex = feminine hygiene product
    :D
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,550
    It would be interesting to read early writings by christians who also considered themselves to be practicing jews. Writings that perhaps escaped the editorial practices of the early Roman Catholic Church, too.


    It could also be a can of worms. Let's say that they find a gospel written by another disciple, let's say Andrew, and that it could be verified to the best degree that it can be. Let's assume that the teachings of Jesus that he records differs greatly from the teachings of Paul, but not really so much from the synoptic gospels.


    I admit a bias in this area, though, as a feminist and liberal christian. I would love it if Paul's teachings about women's roles, for example, were to be contradicted by an older source that actually knew Jesus in his human lifespan.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I admit a bias in this area, though, as a feminist and liberal christian. I would love it if Paul's teachings about women's roles, for example, were to be contradicted by an older source that actually knew Jesus in his human lifespan.
    I think that Paul's teaching have been used to push the wrong message on women's roles for a long time.

    also remember that Paul was part of the Sanhedrin, and some of his teachings reflect that. However one thing that gets lost is that in order for him to be a member of the Sanhedrin, he had to be married, yet one would assume from his writings that wasn't, though he never says he wasn't married just refraining from sex.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member MrsSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,391
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It would be interesting to read early writings by christians who also considered themselves to be practicing jews. Writings that perhaps escaped the editorial practices of the early Roman Catholic Church, too.


    It could also be a can of worms. Let's say that they find a gospel written by another disciple, let's say Andrew, and that it could be verified to the best degree that it can be. Let's assume that the teachings of Jesus that he records differs greatly from the teachings of Paul, but not really so much from the synoptic gospels.


    I admit a bias in this area, though, as a feminist and liberal christian. I would love it if Paul's teachings about women's roles, for example, were to be contradicted by an older source that actually knew Jesus in his human lifespan.
    I love Paul's teachings. The description of love is so accurate. And the marriage deal...all women are required to do is show respect. Men are required to love in the manner Christ loved the church, and to treat their wives as co-heirs of Christ. If all couples today followed that same set of instructions, divorce would be an extreme exception.
    -
    -
    -

    In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

    Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    I love Paul's teachings. The description of love is so accurate. And the marriage deal...all women are required to do is show respect. Men are required to love in the manner Christ loved the church, and to treat their wives as co-heirs of Christ. If all couples today followed that same set of instructions, divorce would be an extreme exception.
    QFT
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •