Thread: Non-Bounceys

1. #1 Non-Bounceys 
    I doubt DU will believe them and they make fun of it but these are probably real:

thecorrection (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 08:55 PM
    Original message
    BBQ'd with my 2nd family who happen to be conservatives. Here's the report on Palin

Below are the comments I overheard (since we don't talk too much specific politics):

"Yeah, Palin is qualified." (I followed that comment up with a confounded look)
    "Obama's full of shit just like every other politician! He makes all kinds of promises that he'll never be able to accomplish." (I followed this up with the question, "And McCain isn't and doesn't?")
    "She's really under investigation for Ethics violations?" (Me, "Yeah.") "Well, what politician is ethical?" (Another confounded look from me)
    "She said her husband was a fisherman? Why would she say that?" (Me, "Because if she said he worked for a foreign oil company, then she couldn't claim to be against big oil or cronyism.")

Basically they love her 'cause she's got an (R) after her name and don't really know much about her. I did mention that all of her "political" experience prior to becoming Governor was done on a part-time basis so the experience they're touting isn't as lengthy as it would seem. All and all, the good Obama will I put out today won't do any good on my best friend's family. They're gonna vote McSame, not matter what.
    Bleachers7 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 09:09 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. I heard a couple guys talking about her today.

A couple of boneheads.

Guy 1: I called you about his pick yesterday.
    Guy 2: Yeah
    Guy 1: I like it. She's super conservative which is exactly the party needs.

I laughed on the inside. As usual, DU is ahead of other places and they have no idea what's coming.
    and this one

Postman Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 08:52 PM
    Original message
    My dumbf**k Sister-in-law
    According to her, It's a great move by McCain to pick Palin. She's a woman, she's younger than Obama and she has MORE experience than Obama and she's just the VP....

She says Obama is arrogant (code for being black) and of course, she's a Fox News watcher. Needless to say, she's lost at sea when it comes to issues...

She and her husband are what I would classify as upper-middle class.
    Postman Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 09:01 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    9. I shutter to think...

of a McCain Presidency. But if it were to pass, I would pray for a reinstatement of the military draft just to scare the shit out of them. They have 2 boys of draft age.

I believe all they care about is their own financial investments and whatever Fox News tells them to care about.
    and more

themartyred Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-30-08 08:58 PM
    Original message
    GAG ME! My female professor friend said two of her female friends, who are professors, like Palin

They told my friend that Palin was a reformer, and was a strong female who was - as one of them said, "much more feminine than Hillary", even though they supported Hillary.

I want to spew... seriously. My friend is a very intelligent, Christian, pro-women's rights, down to Earth type who is horrified of this Gov Palin's politics and was nauseated that the first two women she spoke to approved of this person to be a heart's beat away from running the country.

I told her that the other 2 professors are clearly closet racists -or- fundies. There's no way someone who supports Hillary's policies can support Palin - it's a personality issue for them - clearly. They see female, so they want to vote female - they're not smart enough to dissect issues, much like there are surely some Blacks who support Obama merely because he's Black, without knowing what he's for and assume he'd be good for them. I'm sure Kenneth J Blackwell, the orchestrator of B*sh's theft in Ohio in '04 as Secretary of State, got some of the Black votes in '06 when he ran for Governor, even though he was a hardcore GOP suckup.

We cannot combat the moron vote (even when the morons have degrees), so we have to inspire the people who normally don't vote to make sure they do!
    A bunch of people got together tonight for a birthday party. The comments about Palin were all positive. I think most of us were already supporting McCain but it cemented it for a few.

Her husband is a non-managerial employee for BP who also works part-time fishing. He's also a sled-dog winner many times over.

Note to urbanites: it's common in rural/less populated areas to work several "jobs". It's not a sign of the coming apocalypse, it's just the way it works out there.

My own folks raised AQHA horses, farmed alfalfa, raised cashmere goats, did accounting for other operations, and worked part-time in town from time to time for extra money. As did their kids.

"She says Obama is arrogant (code for being black)"

OMG! That is so ridiculous and asinine of an assumption to make, I'm surprised even a DUmpmonkey could make it! Before too long, every possible critique of Obama will be viewed by libs as just a smokescreen for racism.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    Before too long, every possible critique of Obama will be viewed by libs as just a smokescreen for racism.
    It has to be, otherwise they have to accept that it is true.

She says Obama is arrogant (code for being black)
    Priceless. The DUmmies think conservatives speak in secret code - what a bucnh of paranoid lunatics.