Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
    George Washington

Two of my favorite Reagan quotes:

"Well, there you go again...."

"Ah, dammit!"

:D
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them.

I'll be glad to reply to or dodge your questions, depending on what I think will help our election most.

I'm conservative, but I'm not a nut about it.

It's a very good question, very direct, and I'm not going to answer it.

~ George H. W. Bush

Banned
    "The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy."

"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."

"Uncompromising thought is the luxury of the closeted recluse."

"The ear of the leader must ring with the voices of the people."

"America lives in the heart of every man everywhere who wishes to find a region where he will be free to work out his destiny as he chooses."

"The men and women who have the right ideals ... are those who have the courage to strive for the happiness which comes only with labor and effort and self-sacrifice, and those whose joy in life springs in part from power of work and sense of duty."

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

"The sad duty of politics is to establish justice in a sinful world."

"Our American values are not luxuries but necessities, not the salt in our bread, but the bread itself. Our common vision of a free and just society is our greatest source of cohesion at home and strength abroad, greater than the bounty of our material blessings."

"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."

"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed - else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die."

"Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong."

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing."

"Whenever you have an efficient government you have a dictatorship."

"It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours."

"In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves...self-discipline with all of them came first."