Thread: Brookfield Teacher Faces Possible Firing For Insulting Teen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    /sigh, Poli is right, Self-confidence from a psychological stand point is MUCH more important than self-esteem, self-esteem grows from self-confidence and self-worth which a person has to earn. There is too much focus on upping one's self-esteem without teaching them how to develop their self-worth and self-confidence. Both of these are developed through success as well as failure. When we don't teach kids how to face failure and success in positive ways and demand that they only know success it warps their perception of life and we have the idiocy that we have today.
    Further - Self esteem says to the fat kid - the other kids think I'm fat and make fun of me so I must be of less worth. Self worth says to the fat kid - you are someone. you have X,Y, and Z going for you - who gives a shit what the other kids think? But he's not going to admit the difference so why bother?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    /sigh, Poli is right, Self-confidence from a psychological stand point is MUCH more important than self-esteem, self-esteem grows from self-confidence and self-worth which a person has to earn. There is too much focus on upping one's self-esteem without teaching them how to develop their self-worth and self-confidence. Both of these are developed through success as well as failure. When we don't teach kids how to face failure and success in positive ways and demand that they only know success it warps their perception of life and we have the idiocy that we have today.
    You are wrong. Like I said GOOGLE Self Esteem. You can do it.

Got news for you. The teacher that belittled the fat boy should be fired. He is a lousy fucking teacher. A teacher job is not just to spit out information but to encourage kids to better themselves. If you can not treat kids equally, black, brown, white, ugly, pretty the same, fat, skinny, you should not be a damn teacher. You can take all that other psychological gobbly gook to the commode.

Kids that are impoverished have low esteem to start off with. You are going to demean them more with your psychological babble. Like I said, Self Esteem means how you feel about yourself. That should not be to hard for you to comprehend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    "Don't shoot!" :D
    That's what Poli and fettpett would tell them.

Still have not received an answer to my question. Guess they don't know unless you call x, y and z an answer. .

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You are wrong. Like I said GOOGLE Self Esteem. You can do it.

Got news for you. The teacher that belittled the fat boy should be fired. He is a lousy fucking teacher. A teacher job is not just to spit out information but to encourage kids to better themselves. If you can not treat kids equally, black, brown, white, ugly, pretty the same, fat, skinny, you should not be a damn teacher. You can take all that other psychological gobbly gook to the commode.

Kids that are impoverished have low esteem to start off with. You are going to demean them more with your psychological babble. Like I said, Self Esteem means how you feel about yourself. That should not be to hard for you to comprehend.
    first of all dude, I said the EXACT same thing that the dude should be fired. Second I don't need to google self-esteem, even though I did, I've taken enough pyschology classes to get a pretty good grasp of the theroies behind it.

btw here is a quote from Wiki on self-esteem
    Nathaniel Branden in 1969 defined self-esteem as "...the experience of being competent to cope with the basic challenges of life and being worthy of happiness". According to Branden, self-esteem is the sum of self-confidence (a feeling of personal capacity) and self-respect (a feeling of personal worth). It exists as a consequence of the implicit judgement that every person does about, on one side, his/her ability to face life's challenges, that is, to understand and solve problems, and, on the other side, his right to achieve happiness, or, in other words, to respect and defend his own interests and needs
    Now you might or might not recognize Nathaniel Branden, but he was, for many years, Ana Rand's intellectual heir, so he's not just some nut job.