Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I also don't let it be my son's excuse for being a little butthead when he's being one and I call him on it. yes it's something that they have issues with, but it's not like they can't learn to deal with it. the guy is in his 30's and a teacher, if he can get that far, he has learned to filter himself
    School district officials say the comment was the latest in a string of demeaning remarks over Wollkind's 32-year career, including telling a student he hated him.
    If he's been teaching for 32 years, it sounds as if he's old enough that he probably got no help as a kid with it. I don't think they identified people with Asperger's syndrome way back, probably just labelled people as odd or quirky. It doesn't sound as if he did learn to filter himself, if he has a long history of getting himself into trouble with his remarks.

I know the little girl I mentioned is called on things she does that aren't right. It's a long process learning to deal with those issues.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Asberger's or not, if he has a history of "spouting off" then he shouldn't be in that job.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I also don't let it be my son's excuse for being a little butthead when he's being one and I call him on it. yes it's something that they have issues with, but it's not like they can't learn to deal with it. the guy is in his 30's and a teacher, if he can get that far, he has learned to filter himself
    and you have to call them on it because they just do not see how what they say affects other people. They cannot conceptualize other peoples feelings.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I guess I miss read it and thought that he was 32 not that he had been teaching for 32 years. I know that most people on the autism specturm were seen as weird or whatever in the 40's-50's and high functioning Asperger's weren't typically seen as anything other than odd.

it looks like it's time for this guy to retire

If you ask me - it's time for people to grow some thicker skin.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    there is that too

Preach it brother!
    "I believe what really happens in history is this: the old man is always wrong; and the young people are always wrong about what is wrong with him. The practical form it takes is this: that, while the old man may stand by some stupid custom, the young man always attacks it with some theory that turns out to be equally stupid."

G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by FBIGuy View Post
    No one is responsible for anything because everyone has a syndrome. The teacher obviously suffers from GGS (Gilbert Gottfried Syndrome) and the student is in the final stages of GMASPD (Give Me Another Slice of Pizza Disease).
    LOL! I think you called it. :D

There is too much emphasis on self esteem. We are teaching people to find worth in what other people think of them. So when the fat kid gets picked on because he's fat - he internalizes that he is worthless because of the opinions that other people have about him. I'm not now nor have I ever been a fan of self esteem.

There is too much emphasis on self esteem. We are teaching people to find worth in what other people think of them. So when the fat kid gets picked on because he's fat - he internalizes that he is worthless because of the opinions that other people have about him. I'm not now nor have I ever been a fan of self esteem.
    my National Gov teacher tries to teach critical thinking, everyone bitches about it