Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Teens warned of risks from 'vodka tampon' use 
    Teens warned of risks from 'vodka tampon' use

Published: 30 Mar 11 09:11 CET
    Online: http://www.thelocal.de/society/20110330-34051.html

Police in southern Germany warned this week of a dangerous new form of alcohol abuse among teens – using tampons soaked in vodka to get drunk quickly and hide the smell. The practice poses grave health risks, they said.

Police in the Baden-Württemburg city of Tuttlingen responded Tuesday to growing online chatter among teenagers that they could become intoxicated using the vodka tampons without having alcohol on their breath.

This is not true, police said, denying that it was an effective way to get drunk. They also warned girls that the alcohol could damage vaginal walls and increase the risk of infection. Boys have reportedly also been using tampons anally.

“I believe this is very dangerous,” head of a children’s clinic in Singen told southern German paper Südkurier last week. “For us this is a new thing.”

In early March a 14-year-old girl collapsed during a street festival in Konstanz, apparently highly intoxicated from using a vodka tampon, the paper reported.

Youth researchers have since found out that this form of alcohol abuse is trendy in the region.

But teens who believe they can hide the smell of alcohol consumption are wrong, experts told the paper.

The development shows a new dimension for alcohol abuse among teens, county social worker Axel Goßner told the Südkurier.

“Alcohol is no longer a stimulant, but a means to an end,” he said.

The trend arose among teens in the United States, where it is known as “slimming.” But it has reportedly caught on in Scandinavia and other places where alcohol is difficult for young people to acquire.
    This just has to be an urban legend or a hoax or something, isn't it? Nobody would really do that, would they?

The Local

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    that would have to hurt like hell too....Though I have seen an episode of "Mansewers" that talked about the fastest way to get drunk was to put it up ones ass.....though that leads to MUCH faster alcohol poisoning

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    that would have to hurt like hell too....Though I have seen an episode of "Mansewers" that talked about the fastest way to get drunk was to put it up ones ass.....though that leads to MUCH faster alcohol poisoning
    I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to be a test subject for that one. :eek:
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Police in southern Germany warned this week of a dangerous new form of alcohol abuse among teens – using tampons soaked in vodka to get drunk quickly and hide the smell.
    That could be taken more than one way.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Police in southern Germany warned this week of a dangerous new form of alcohol abuse among teens – using tampons soaked in vodka to get drunk quickly and hide the smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    That could be taken more than one way.
    It doesn't matter which end the alcohol enters through, half of it still exits through the lungs giving your breath an alcohol smell.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    It doesn't matter which end the alcohol enters through, half of it still exits through the lungs giving your breath an alcohol smell.

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he was questioning whether one smell covers the other smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This just has to be an urban legend or a hoax or something, isn't it? Nobody would really do that, would they?

The Local
    The answer to that question, now more than ever, regardless of the reference, is always yes, someone, somewhere is stupid enough to do it. No matter what it is. :( And they likely posted it on youtube for their 15 minutes.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think that's what he meant. I think he was questioning whether one smell covers the other smell.
    Yes and I was trying to cover that.:o:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I sure as hell wouldn't have wanted to be a test subject for that one. :eek:
    yeah, it has to do with the absorption capabilities of the Large intestine. The Large intestine absorbs the most amount of liquids out of all the digestive organs

Um . . . how would you insert it without squeezing out all of the liquid? Especially the guys.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.