Thread: WSEU circulating boycott letters

Hybrid View

1. #1 WSEU circulating boycott letters 
    WSEU circulating boycott letters

By Don Walker of the Journal Sentinel
    March 30, 2011 |

Members of Wisconsin State Employees Union, AFSCME Council 24, have begun circulating letters to businesses in southeast Wisconsin, asking them to support workers’ rights by putting up a sign in their windows.

If businesses fail to comply, the letter says, “Failure to do so will leave us no choice but (to) do a public boycott of your business. And sorry, neutral means 'no' to those who work for the largest employer in the area and are union members."

Jim Parrett, a field representative of Council 24 for Southeast Wisconsin, confirmed the contents of the letter, which carries his signature. But he added that the union was also circulating letters to businesses thanking them for supporting workers’ rights.

Parrett said that since the letters were sent out, he has received threatening phone calls as well as calls from people supporting the state workers.

Yeah, this tactic should work well for the Unions. And they wonder why they're referred to as 'Union Thugs'.
    Last edited by Perilloux; 03-31-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

What two words sum up unions best?

Or else!

I'm guessing the negative feedback is running 20:1.

If I was a small business owner being threatened like this I would post the sign. Under the sign I would post a much larger sign that read;
    Union thugs told me that if I didn't post sign, they would boycott my business and attempt to destroy my livelihood, make me lose my house, and starve my family.

Go Union Thugs! :)