Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obese man dies after found fused to chair 
    Obese man dies after found fused to chair

By QMI Agency

Last Updated: March 30, 2011 9:18pm

A morbidly obese man is dead after he was found fused to a chair that he had been stuck on for two years.

The 43-year-old man from Bellaire, Ohio, was discovered unconscious on Sunday by his girlfriend.

Emergency crews had to pry him free, as his skin was stuck to the recliner with urine, feces and maggots.

Local reports say one officer threw away his uniform because the conditions were so putrid.

"The living room where the man lived in his chair was very filthy, very deplorable. It's unbelievable that somebody lives in conditions like that," Jim Chase, a code enforcer, told local news station WTRF.

A hole was cut in the wall of the home to remove the heavy man.

Officials said his girlfriend, who lived with him along with another roommate, told investigators she fed the man in his chair, as he complained of leg pain.

The unidentified man was transported to hospital in critical condition, where he later died.
    I was hoping they could save him. :(

Toronto Sun

I wonder if his coffin will be shaped like an "L".
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I have heard of very obese people getting stuck to the cloth of their furniture before. Their skin sort of grows into it.

There is a lesson here. If you are so obese that you cannot get out of your chair to take a crap...get help.

Quote Originally Posted by hoplophobe View Post
    I have heard of very obese people getting stuck to the cloth of their furniture before. Their skin sort of grows into it.

There is a lesson here. If you are so obese that you cannot get out of your chair to take a crap...get help.
    People like that may never seek help themselves - there has to be a mental illness component to sitting in a chair 24/7 for 2 years and using it as a toilet.

The lesson probably is that it's time to call 911 the first time your roommate craps in a chair for 24 hours straight. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I was hoping they could save him. :(

Toronto Sun
    I didn't particularly give a shit. I'm sick of fuckers like this being on the government dime.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I didn't particularly give a shit. I'm sick of fuckers like this being on the government dime.
    Do we know what his underlying condition was, or do you not care?

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Good grief I dont care.

I also dont give two shits about how hard it is to stop using heroin or crack, just fucking stop.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

His underlying condition was that he never got off his ass for two years. Ya' think that may have contributed to his weight. He walked his ass to the chair. He could have walked his ass to the bathroom.

Obesity isn't a disability, it's a lifestyle. Just like addiction.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    His underlying condition was that he never got off his ass for two years. Ya' think that may have contributed to his weight. He walked his ass to the chair. He could have walked his ass to the bathroom.

Obesity isn't a disability, it's a lifestyle. Just like addiction.

Obesity doesn't make people shit in their recliner either. Nor does obesity cause people to take root. Mental illness or abuse of incapacitated persons leads to these kinds of stories.

And for the record, there are indeed illnesses which cause or aggravate obesity.

We actually don't have a lot of information on this man. But don't let that stop you from making yourself feel better about yourself.

Obesity doesn't make people shit in their recliner either. Nor does obesity cause people to take root. Mental illness or abuse of incapacitated persons leads to these kinds of stories.

And for the record, there are indeed illnesses which cause or aggravate obesity.

We actually don't have a lot of information on this man. But don't let that stop you from making yourself feel better about yourself.
    I don't need this to make me feel better about myself. To quote T.O., "I love me some me."

There are some people with a medical condition that makes it hard for them to control their weight, but there are many more who are just lazy shits that had rather sit on their fat asses than get up and go to work. Trust me, dude, I see it all the time.